FW: [jri-pl] JRI-Poland Gora Kalwaria search results now linked to online images

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2012
      Jewish Records Indexing - Poland is delighted to announce the
      ground-breaking project to link its indices to online digitized images of
      Gora Kalwaria records.

      Effective today, search results for the years 1826-1902 link to online
      images. Within the next few weeks, links to 1903-1910 images will be added.

      To search for records for your surname in the Gora Kalwaria records, go to
      www.jri-poland.org and click on "search database"
      at the top. Enter your surname in the "surname" field and
      Gora Kalwaria in the "town" field. (Very important --- do not enter Gora
      Kalwaria alone in the town field without entering a surname as this will
      only give you results for records from other towns in which Gora Kalwaria
      may be mentioned.)

      Links to images of Jewish records from other towns in the Grodzisk
      Mazowiecki archives will follow in the months to come. These will be made
      available as 'all' the records for each town are digitized and placed online
      and JRI-Poland volunteers input the URL strings associated with each record
      entry into our database. No other towns have been completed as yet.

      This will be a slow process and so we ask that researchers do not contact us
      for more information. We will announce each town as it becomes available.

      English instructions linked from JRI-Poland search results will be provided
      as soon as possible.

      Our appreciation goes to extraordinary volunteers David Price and Mady Land
      whose efforts made it possible for JRI-Poland to realize this unique
      project. David had the onerous task of cleaning up the hundreds of errata
      entries resulting from the errors made by the 19th century registrar and
      Mady undertook the tedious task fo adding the URL path to the more than
      12,000 entries in this project.

      JRI-Poland is an independent non-profit tax-exempt Organization under
      Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
      Under special arrangement, the JRI-Poland web site, mailing list, and
      database are hosted by JewishGen.

      Stanley Diamond
      Executive Director
      For the Board of Jewish Records Indexing - Poland

      by JewishGen. JRI-Poland data is searchable on the JRI-Poland database and
      is also displayed on the All-Poland database as a service to researchers.

      JRI-Poland indexing initiatives are funded by your contributions. To support
      JRI-Poland and its many individual projects - such as indexing of records
      from your ancestral town - please send your checks - marked with the town
      name or project for which the money is being donated - to:
      Jewish Records Indexing - Poland, c/o Sheila Salo, Treasurer,5607 Greenleaf
      Rd., Cheverly, MD20785 or pay by credit card at:
      <http://www.jri-poland.org/support.htm>

      ---
      You are currently subscribed to jri-pl as: [max@...]
      To change the format of our mailings, to stop/resume delivery (vacation),
      or to unsubscribe, please go to http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager