FW: Clayton Library Friends Annual Meeting November 10

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012

      Another reminder for you to come celebrate Clayton Library Friends 25th Anniversary at our annual meeting held on Saturday, November 10 in the Carriage House Meeting Room at Clayton Library. Registration will start at 10:15 and the meeting at 10:30.

      There will be a short business meeting with election of officers for 2013 followed by a viewing of our new website now under construction.

      We are excited to have as our main speaker Connie Lapallo of Mechanicsville, VA. Connie is in town to speak to the Jamestown Society and as a descentant of Jamestown settlers, she has done extensive research on Jamestown. Her website www.ConnieLapallo.com/  has much to excite a reader, especially the Inspiration tab which tells how she did research for her books. Even though Jamestown may not be in your ancestry, reading about her books makes you feel like you need to get them! Come and enjoy listening to her.

      Don't forget it is time to think about renewing your CLF membership, $20 per person, or $25 for two at same address. Forms are not being mailed out; they are on the website www.ClaytonLibraryFriends.org [under the Join/Renew tab] and in the library. They will also be available at the meeting on Saturday. Remember the names of those renewing by December 1 will go into a drawing at the February meeting. The winner will get a complimentary membership for 2014.