FW: [DNA] Genealogical Scam---Fake Tombstones---Slightly Off Topic

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2012
      Here is another genealogical scam to be aware of. This was brought to my
      attention at the meeting of my local genealogical society.

      It seems there are people who are creating tombstones in graphics programs
      and posting them on sites such as Find-A-Grave. The information on the fake
      tombstone may be accurate, having been extracted from an obituary, but the
      stone itself does not exist.

      In one instance for graves in Virginia City, Nevada, the faker has added
      pictures of strangers and stories that have been made up to the entry.

      Marleen Van Horne