Re: [GenshardsII] FW: Jewish Herald-Voice updates

  • milton
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2012
      Max Heffler wrote:

      Is anyone able to test the updates? If so, please write me for the instructions. Please send.  Milton

      Thanks,

      Max

      Message 2 of 6 , May 7 4:46 PM

        The Jewish Herald-Voice updates through the end of 2013 are now in test mode at JewishGen. Can anyone help me test them?

        When you go to: http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/USA/ and enter

        Surname     Sounds like       Katz#TEST#                                   <NOTE: See below for better surnames>

        The items needed to be checked are:

        Test Database - Houston Jewish Herald-Voice Couple Events

        Test Database - Houston Jewish Herald-Voice Individual Events

        <ensure you chose the lines starting with “Test Database” and not the regular ones>

        (not the two production databases:

        Database - Houston Jewish Herald-Voice Couple Events

        Database - Houston Jewish Herald-Voice Individual Events

        which will also be returned. Obviously you can test surnames other than Katz.

        The last several surnames in couples are:

        ORANSKY

        EPSTEIN

        WAIMAN

        SCHULTZ

        SCHAFER

        And in individuals are:

        GREENBERG

        HOFFMAN

        DZIENGEL

        BERNER

        CAPLAN

        And the unusual ones will return less matches and be easier to check. I tried WAIMAN and DZIENGEL and only returned a single page each with 17 records making it easy to fine the December 2013 ones. Let me kinow if you will be able to test.

        Thanks,

        Max