FW: [galicia] Jewish Records Website for Galician Records

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2012
      A fellow genealogist advised me of this site, located at http://dcjr.org .
      There are about 5000 records from all over Eastern Galicia. The site
      explains:

      The Digitized Collection of Jewish Records is a searchable database of about
      5000 digital copies of Jewish vital, communal, organizational, legal,
      immigration, school, and other categories of records of genealogical,
      historical and memorial value, most of them handwritten.
      They stem from the area of the former Austrian province of Eastern Galicia
      (subsequently Poland), including Lvov, Stanislawow, and Tarnopol provinces,
      spanning years from the mid-19th century to the late 30th of the 20th
      century. Presently they are stored in several private collections.

      Records donated to our database were inventoried, catalogued, arranged in
      several categories, digitized, translated into English, and entered in the
      web site. The DCJR database is actually the inventory of the English
      language translations of these records, assorted in alphabetical order and
      searchable by surnames. Our web site is designed to make the researching of
      the documents listed in the database easy.

      Our web site provides a free on - line access to the English language
      translations to these records. We hope our database will assist many of our
      visitors in researching their Jewish ancestry or lost family members.

      Happy Hunting!
      Phyllis Kramer, NYC & PBG Florida, VP, Education:
      www.JewishGen.org/education
      Researching (all Galicia) KRAMER, BEIM from Jasienica Rosielna ...SCHEINER,
      KANDEL from Strzyzow & Dubiecko ...LINDNER, EICHEL from Rohatyn, Burstyn
      ...STECHER, TRACHMAN from Nowy Zmigrod, Dukla family web site:
      www.KehilaLinks.JewishGen.org/Krosno/Kramer.htm