FW: [iajgs] 1940 Census Name-Indexed For New York

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2012
      The following article was shared with me by Randy Hershaft of the Associated
      Press--for those of us with ancestry from New York State-- Ancestry.com has
      name-indexed that state:
      www.ancestry.com/newyork The 1940 census records are available free.

      On the site Ancestry has another free offer for New York residents only: In
      partnership with the New York State Archives, ancestry is offering a free
      account that gives access to a select group of New York records including
      the 1892, 1915 and 1925 NY State censuses and other New York records.

      To read the article go to:
      http://tinyurl.com/75m8b7z
      original url:
      http://news.yahoo.com/ap-1940-ny-census-records-now-searchable-name-23454775
      4.html;_ylt=A2KLOzE3o85PWC8AoqnQtDMD

      I am only posting about New York due to the large number of Jewish
      genealogists with connections to this state. I will not be posting as other
      states become name-indexed by any of the various genealogical firms that are
      name-indexing. I would suggest you continue to monitor their various
      websites for updates.

      I have no affiliation with Ancestry.com.

      Jan Meisels Allen
      janmallen@...
      IAJGS Vice President
      Chairperson, IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee