FW: [iajgs] IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: New IAJGS Leadership Forum

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2012
      ***** NEW IAJGS LEADERSHIP FORUM *****

      IAJGS has been in the process of setting up a new Leadership Forum email
      list under our own Internet hosting service. The IAJGS website has been
      updated to reflect the new list, and you can read about it at the following
      http://leadership.iajgs.org

      We have attempted over the past months to inform the presidents of all IAJGS
      member societies of this change and to solicit their nominations for
      participation in the Leadership Forum (see the eligibility rules on the
      IAJGS website). Many have responded, and invitations have been sent out to
      the society leaders designated by the presidents. If you are a society
      president and have not responded, please do so immediately (see the
      instructions on the IAJGS website). Contact me if you have any questions.

      ***** OLD LIST SHUTTING DOWN *****

      It is my plan to shut down this old list at the end of next week. In order
      to maintain the archive of messages, we will not immediately delete the
      list, but the moderators will no longer approve any postings to the old
      list. New messages should be sent to the new list (see the posting
      guidelines on the IAJGS website). The new list also maintains an archive, so
      people joining the list later can look at messages that were posted before
      they joined.

      ***** MESSAGES WITH FORMATTED TEXT NOW SUPPORTED *****

      Please note that the new list no longer has the limitation to plain-text
      messages, and we encourage people to post messages with formatted text
      (HTML) to make their messages as readable as possible. You can now include
      bold and underlined text, numbered and bulleted lists, tables, hyperlinks,
      and even images. Please do not overdo the formatting; use these features
      only to the extent that they make your messages easier for people to read
      and absorb.

      One feature of this Lyris list that we are losing is the ability of the
      moderators to edit messages to correct minor problems (e.g., typos or
      scrambled formatting). As a result, the moderators are likely to reject more
      messages and to insist that the person posting the message repost it with
      the errors corrected. We recommend that -- especially for complex messages
      -- you first send a copy of the message to yourself to see how it will look
      to recipients and to give yourself a chance to spot any mistakes. If it
      looks OK, then you can then bring the message back from your SENT folder and
      resend it to the list address.

      Jay Sage
      IAJGS Director & Electronic Services Chair Jay@...