FW: [iajgs] JGS Great Britain Experience of GoToWebinar

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2012
      The JGS Great Britain has recently used IAJGS GoToWebinar account to deliver
      two lectures and has found it to be very successful. Despite there being
      short notice of the two lectures we managed to get an audience of 25-30
      people each time. Most of the attendees were based in the UK but we had
      people logging in from the USA, Canada, Australia and mainland Europe. The
      feedback from attendees has been very positive about clarity of the lectures
      and also about the content.
      However, some attendees found it difficult to use the control panel to ask
      questions.

      The delivery of the lectures proved to be very straightforward.
      Setting up a seminar is fairly easy and once set up a message is produced
      with a link to register for the webinar, which can then be copied and sent
      directly to the target audience or put on message boards. Registration is
      very easy and the message explains what software and equipment is needed to
      take part in the webinar.

      JGS Great Britain intends to use the webinars mainly for internal education
      events and to advertise them to members only. There will be lectures that
      we will provide to non-members via the webinar system.
      Providing the education webinars to members only at this stage will be a
      selling point for encouraging people to join us. It also means that we are
      more likely to retain members living away from our main meeting locations
      and give them a feeling that they are getting more for their money.

      I would encourage others to use the IAJGS GoToWebinar account to deliver
      lectures and other events on-line. To find out how to set up a webinar you
      need to contact Daniel Horowitz (daniel@...).

      Mark Nicholls
      marknichollsmn@...
      Chairman
      Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain and Director IAJGS