FW: [iajgs] Fwd: Karen Franklin award

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2012
      It's my pleasure to inform the leadership forum that Karen Franklin, a past
      chair of IAJGS and a co-chair of the Board of Governors of Jewishgen Inc.
      has been honoured with this award.

      "The Board of Directors of ICOM-US has voted to confer upon Karen Franklin
      the 2012 ICOM-US International Service Citation, in recognition of her years
      of contributions to international cooperation among museums and scholars in
      the field of Holocaust-era property restitution.

      ICOM-US is the American National Committee of the International Council of
      Museums. The Citation is the highest honor of ICOM-US. The award was
      presented in Minneapolis this week at the Annual Meeting of the American
      Association of Museums."

      We congratulate her , Mazal Tov!

      Karen is not only an outstanding genealogist but her work epitomises the
      larger significance of Jewish Genealogy in a broader, international
      context.
      This is undoubtedly an outstanding achievement.

      Saul Issroff
      saul65@...