FW: [iajgs] Jewish American Heritage Month Presidential Proclamation

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2012
      Dear Jewish Genealogy Leaders,

      This past May 1st, 2012; US President Barack Obama made a Presidential
      Proclamation to design May as the "Jewish American Heritage Month"

      There is a special website created with the collaboration of The Library of
      Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment
      for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service and the
      United States Holocaust Memorial Museum; to make material and information
      available to the public:
      http://www.jewishheritagemonth.gov

      After mentioning briefly the history of Jewish immigration in the US, the
      president wrote:
      "NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America,
      by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of
      the United States, do hereby proclaim May 2012 as Jewish American Heritage
      Month. I call upon all Americans to visit www.JewishHeritageMonth.gov to
      learn more about the heritage and contributions of Jewish Americans and to
      observe this month with appropriate programs, activities, and ceremonies."

      The complete proclamation is available at
      http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/05/01/presidential-proclamat
      ion-jewish-american-heritage-month-2012

      Best regards
      Daniel Horowitz