FW: [iajgs] Re: Reaching genealo gis​ts in outlying regions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2012
      Dear leaders,

      It is not by chance that people from all over the world are seeking for more help on their research, and for this reason IAJGS is responding.

      A few months ago we opened an account with GoToMeetings for our members to use in order to broadcast and record lectures from or to their groups.

      This is ideal to bring great lectures to your group at no cost and at the same time, create an archive of lectures for future use; something is being debate also on the leadership list

      A few organizations have taken advantage of this system and more are incorporating it in their future meetings, including IGRA in Israel and JGSGB in London.

      In order to take advantage of this system, a computer with Internet connection at the place of the lecture is required. If the lecturer is in a remote place, he/she will need to be connected to the Internet as well.

      In order to manage the broadcast, your webmaster or a group of volunteers with experience in GoToWebinars can help to set up the meeting and activate the platform at the moment of the lecture.

      You are all invited to participate of this experience, either as a group interested in broadcasting a lecture you are having worldwide, or as lecturers interested in offering your knowledge to other groups.

      If you have experience managing the GoToMeeting system, please contact me so we can grow the list of volunteers able to help the societies use this new and useful tool.

      Best regards
      Daniel Horowitz
      IAJGS Board Member / Webmaster
      http://www.iajgs.org