FW: [iajgs] Ancestry.com and SSDI

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2011
      I recently posted that Rootsweb ceased providing free access to the Social
      Security Death Index (SSDI) due to the sensitivity of the information--which
      has been discussed in other posts. In the notice about Rootsweb, it also
      said to go to Ancestry.com for access-- Ancestry.com is a subscription site.

      http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3693

      The Ancestry.com site for the social security death index, contains a recent
      notice addition advising the reader if they do not see the Social Security
      number on the record index, it is because Ancestry.com does not provide the
      number for anyone who has passed away within the past ten years.

      Jan Meisels Allen
      janmallen@...
      IAJGS Vice President
      Chairperson, IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee