FW: [iajgs] Rootsweb No Longer Provides Free Access to SSDI

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2011
      The following is a notice posted on RootsWeb:
      http://searches.rootsweb.ancestry.com/ssdi.html regarding access to the
      Social Security Death Index due to the sensitive issues around the database
      that I have been posting about. Rootsweb is a free website whereas
      Ancestry.com is a subscription website.

      "Due to sensitivities around the information in this database, the Social
      Security Death Index collection is not available on our free Rootsweb
      service but is accessible to search on Ancestry.com. Visit the Social
      Security Death Index page to be directly connected to this collection"

      Jan Meisels Allen
      janmallen@...
      IAJGS Vice President
      Chairperson, IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee