FW: [iajgs] (USA) PA SB 361 Passes House and Senate and Sent to Governor

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2011
      I am delighted to inform you that Pennsylvania SB 361 passed the House of
      Representatives unanimously on December 6, 2011 and has been sent to
      Governor Tom Corbett who indicated, per the Preserving York Blog (see
      below), he will sign the bill. The bill will make Pennsylvania-issued birth
      records public after 105 years and death records public after 50 years. The
      records will be maintained by the state archives once they are available to
      the public. Pennsylvania has been one of the strictest states in releasing
      records to the public.

      To read a copy of the bill as passed go to:
      http://tinyurl.com/5sbcotq
      original url:
      http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=PDF&
      sessYr=2011&sessInd=0&billBody=S&billTyp=B&billNbr=0361&pn=1598

      To read more go to Preserving York Blog:
      http://www.preservingyork.com/2011/12/gov-corbett-expected-to-sign-genealogy
      .html

      Jan Meisels Allen
      janmallen@...
      IAJGS Vice President
      Chairperson, IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee