FW: Clayton Library has Photo Scanning Workshop

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2011

      Special Sunday event!!!

      Photo scanning with 1000memories.com
      4 DEC 2011 1pm - 4pm
      Clayton Library Carriage House

      We wanted to give you the heads up about a big event coming to Houston on December 4th.

      The free event hosted by 1000memories and Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research / Houston Public Library, "How to Go Home", will include unlimited free scanning of photos, a show & tell of great old Texas photographs, and a short class on family secrets hidden in your shoebox. It will take place from 1-4PM at the historic Carriage House in Houston's museum district. The event is open to the public and everyone is invited to bring along their shoebox full of old photos to scan them so they can be preserved and shared with friends and family.

      About 1000memories: This company offers one of the best ways to organize, share and discover the old photos and memories of your family and friends. They help bring the albums, scrapbooks, and photo-filled shoeboxes of our lives out of the closet and into an online, shareable space where they can be remembered and celebrated, together in one place. www.1000memories.com

      A bit of extra background - 1000memories is the maker of the popular ShoeBox iPhone app, a free app that turns cellphones into pocket-sized photo scanners. Since launching in late October, it has been downloaded over 200,000 times and featured everywhere from the New York Times to TechCrunch. In addition, 1000memories is the only commercial partner of the Internet Archive, the official digital archive for the Library of Congress, which supports it's forever promise.

      ADDRESS OF EVENT:
      Clayton Library Carriage House
      5300 Caroline St
      Houston, TX 77004

      TO REGISTER: Advanced RSVP would be appreciated by email to mike@... or by Facebook at http://1000me.ms/rW1Ton.

      QUESTIONS? Call Sue Kaufman 832-393-2602

      Susan D Kaufman, Manager
      NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: susan.kaufman@...
      Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research
      Houston Public Library
      5300 Caroline St.
      Houston, TX 77004
      www.houstonlibrary.org/clayton