FW: Clayton Library Friends reminder of TSGS Conference early registration

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2011

      October 15 is the deadline for early registration for the TSGS Conference held on November 3-5 at the Marriott South at Hobby Airport, 9100 Gulf Freeway. After October 15, Conference registration will go from $95 to $110. As a member of CLF you are also a TSGS member and get the lower TSGS Member fee. Lunch is included in the full or daily registration. Registration online with a credit card is available for quicker registration, or go to our website [see next paragraph], print the registration form, mail it with a check, and have it postmarked no later than Saturday, October 15.

      If you are not able to attend the full Conference, the registration form found on our website www.ClaytonLibraryFriends.org will give information on how to register for different events held at the Marriott:

      • The FamilySearch day at Clayton Library scheduled for Thursday, November 3 is completely filled and new registrations will no longer be taken. The handouts will be available in the Conference Registration bag.
      • Thursday, November 3 at 3:00, Paula Stuart-Warren [Conference speaker] will present a workshop on writing your family history.
      • Ice Cream Social that night from 7-9 pm. Vendor/Exhibit Hall will be open during that time even to those who have not registered for the Conference. "Birds of a Feather" will feature different organizations telling about themselves and how to qualify/join.
      • Friday, November 4 from 9-4:30 will be 12 different one hour workshops.
      • Friday 7-9 is the TSGS Awards Banquet with Betty Trapp Chapman speaking on 175 years of Houston History-the City has Come a long way.
      • The Vendor/Exhibit Area will be open to everyone on Friday from 8am-6:30pm, whether or not they are registered for the Conference.
      • Saturday, November 5 the Vendor/Exhibit area is again open to all from 8am-2:30pm.
      • Paula Stuart-Warren will present 4 different 1-hour talks. More information can be found on her talks on our website www.ClaytonLibraryFriends.org.

      We hope to see many of you at the Conference, some of you have already registered. We want to show the support of our members to Clayton Library and the genealogy community.