FW: [HGFTX] HGF's Meeting Tomorrow, Sat. Feb 5 is Canceled and Rescheduled to Sat. Feb 12

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011

      fyi

      From: Ruby Crook [mailto:rubycrook@...]
      Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 2:40 PM
      Subject: FW: [HGFTX] HGF's Meeting Tomorrow, Sat. Feb 5 is Canceled and Rescheduled to Sat. Feb 12

      ALERT -- SPECIAL NOTICE:

      FROM: Marjorie Lowe, President
      and Vivian Morgan, 1st VP, Program Chair

      Meeting tomorrow is canceled and is rescheduled to Saturday, Feb 12. Meeting

      Our primary concern is for everyone's safety; therefore, due to weather and road conditions we have canceled our meeting tomorrow, February 5, 2011 and have rescheduled the meeting for Saturday, February 12, 2011.

      Our guest speaker is Suzanne Scott Gibbs, Assistant Editor of The
      Jefferson Davis Project, housed at the Fondren Library at Rice
      University. Her topic is "The Forest and the Family Tree." She will
      demonstrate ways to write your family history bringing in a historical
      perspective to color and add depth and meaning to your family tree.
      Every family has a story to tell and no story stands alone; when you
      broaden your perspective beyond lineage, your genealogy becomes a
      history.

      You will also be able to sign up for the bus trip to Montgomery County
      Library at the meeting next Saturday! You may also download the
      sign-up form from HGF's web site <www.hgftx.org>
      and mail in your registration before the meeting.

      Mark your calendars! We look forward to seeing everyone next Saturday,February 12, 2011.