FW: Upcoming Lectures - Clayton Library

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2010

      DATE:  Saturday, 29 January 2011

      LOCATION: Clayton Genealogy Library - Carriage House Meeting Room, 5300 Caroline, Houston

      SPEAKER: Lynna Kay Shuffield

      Although seating will be theater style (no tables set up), please feel free to bring your laptop to follow along with the web examples.

      Reservations are required - Please call 832/393-2600

      - - - - -

      TIME: 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

      TOPIC: 20th Century Military Research

      DESCRIPTION: Explore how to find elusive military service records for your family members and why they are important to your research. This session will include on-line resources to assist you with finding documentation of your family member's patriotic service in the United States military from World War I through Vietnam.

      TIME: Noon - 1:00 p.m.

      TOPIC: War Dead Research from World War I through the Gulf War

      DESCRIPTION: This presentation offers what files are available, what to ask for, and where to go to get information on your family members who have paid the ultimate price in the defense of our country. The class will assist you in finding the answers to many questions about the individual's death while in the military.

      - - - - -