FW: Houston Public Library Foundation invitation to Clayton Library Friends

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2010

      From: info@... [mailto:info@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 5:40 PM
      To: max@...
      Subject: Houston Public Library Foundation invitation to Clayton Library Friends

      Dear Clayton Library Friends,

      At May 16th's party, the Houston Public Library Foundation is honoring Susan Clayton Garwood, the person who made this extraordinary restoration of the Clayton House, Carriage House, Guest House and gardens possible.  She has worked personally with all of us, and particularly with the Clayton Library Friends, to achieve this goal.  You may recall that the Greater Houston Preservation Alliance has described the project as the best adaptive re-use example in the country, and the active participation of many of you was vital to the outcome.

      We know how important it is to Susan that as many of the Clayton Friends as possible be present, and we are certain that those of you who have worked alongside her will want to attend.  In recognition of your work and her's the HPLF would like to offer a special ticket price of $50 to the Clayton Friends, versus the regular ticket price of $250.  This price is for the Friends members only in recognition of your efforts and is not being extended to any other library groups this year.  Because this is HPLF's only fund raising event this year, we hope that we will have a great turnout by everyone for the benefit of all of our libraries.

      We would particularly like to thank those of you who have volunteered to be docents and genealogy experts by having you as our guests.

      Party in the Stacks is 5:30 - 8 p. m. on Sunday. May 16th.  There will be wonderful food and drink from Melange Fine Cuisine, entertainment by Yvonne Washington, and of course, tours of the Library and the House.  Lawn Party Attire.  Please see details attached, and let us know that you will be there to make this event a wonderful celebration for Susan and the Clayton Genealogical Library!

      We look forward to being with you!  If you have any questions or need further information, please e-mail me at:  Sbischoff@...

      Susan

      Susan Bischoff
      President