FW: Clayton Library Friends General Meeting Saturday, May 8 at 10:00

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2010

      From: info@... [mailto:info@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:52 AM
      To: max@...
      Subject: Clayton Library Friends General Meeting Saturday, May 8 at 10:00

      This is a reminder that the next General Meeting of Clayton Library Friends will be on Saturday, May 8, at 10:00 AM in the Carriage House Meeting Room at Clayton Library.

      The speaker will be Richard L. Hooverson whose topic will be Unblocking Writer's Block: What Genealogists can learn from Novelists to Enhance their Family Histories.  The program will cover types of family histories, using historical context, points of view, plot structure, character archetypes, and some techniques that novelists use that are NOT appropriate for family histories.

      We will vote on a small change to our bylaws, making memberships become overdue on March 1 instead of May 1.

      Election of the Nominating Committee will also be held. Many of the present CLF Board are term limited so it is very important to have a knowledgeable Committee.