FW: Shelving Help Needed at Clayton

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2010

      fyi

      From: info@... [mailto:info@...]
      Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 10:15 PM
      To: max@...
      Subject: Shelving Help Needed at Clayton

      Hello CLF members -

      Saturdays at the library have become very busy, and with the Friday closure, we anticipate it getting even busier.  We have half staff on each Saturday helping the customers, which does not leave much time to shelve, as most of our time is spent helping researchers.  We desperately need shelving help.

      As a Friends member we appreciate your constant support of the library in many ways.  I would like to ask for your help once again.

      The hours we need help on Saturday are from 2pm - 4pm.  With the large influx of researchers on Saturday, the library needs shelvers to help to put back all the materials. We are looking for two or three people each Saturday to fill this slot.

      You do not need to commit to every Saturday.  One Saturday a month is fine.  We need the help desperately and will be happy to accommodate your schedule.  In fact, I specifically chose the 2pm - 4pm hours so those that might be interested in getting some personal research done have an opportunity before volunteering.

      I do hope you are interested in becoming part of the shelving team.  Shelving is one of the very basic needs of the library, and we need to turn to our volunteers for help.

      We appreciate all your help, thank you so much!

      Please contact either myself at 832-393-2602 or susan.kaufman@... or Steven Bychowski, Clayton volunteer coordinator at 832-393-2600 or steven.bychowski@... to sign up.

      We look forward to hearing from you!

      Sincerely,
      Sue

      Susan D Kaufman, Manager
      Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research
      Houston Public Library
      5300 Caroline St.
      Houston, TX 77004

      832-393-2602 (p)