FW: Leon Dyer - Photograph

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2010

      fyi

      From: Lynna Kay Shuffield [mailto:lksfriday@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:14 PM
      To: Rabbi Jimmy Kessler Jewish Cemetery; David M. Zwahr Mason
      Cc: Don Teter Jewish Cemetery - Rockdale; Marvin Rich Jewish Cemetery - Rockdale; Max Heffler Jewish Genealogy
      Subject: Leon Dyer - Photograph

      Hold on to your hats ...

      I made an inter-library loan (ILL) request for a copy of the book HISTORY OF THE BALTIMORE HEBREW CONGREGATION - written abt. 1900 ... Leon was the Pres. of the Congregation from 1840-1847 ...

      There were only a few copies of the book in any public / college library in the United States ... Because of the age of the book, I doubted anyone would grant the ILL request ... it was at the Univ. of Texas-Austin and they sent it to the Houston Public Library for me ... I went today at lunch and picked it up ...

      In the book is a photograph of Leon Dyer on the page for former presidents ... I almost fell out of my chair ... No one, not even the Galveston Room at the Rosenberg Library knew of any image of him ...

      Well, when I get home tonight, I will scan the photo and e-mail to anyone who'd like a copy ...

      lks

      Lynna Kay Shuffield - P.O. Box 16604 - Houston, Texas 77222 - 713/692-4511

      FaceBook

      Oran M. Roberts Chapter 440, UDC

      Our Loose Ends - Genealogy Column

      Milam County, Texas - Genealogy