FW: Clayton Library Call for Volunteers - Digital Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2009

      Fyi:

      Hello CLF Members:

      Most of you are aware that the Clayton Library and Houston Public Library have partnered with FamilySearch to digitize material pre 1923 from our collection, mounting this material at the Family History Archive, available at www.familysearch.org

      Many of you have been interested in knowing how you can get involved in the scanning process for this project.

      The library appreciates your interest in volunteering for the project and is now prepared to invite you to an informational session about the project, geared toward getting volunteers to participate.

      There will be two informational sessions in which the process of the scanning project will be presented.  After the session, a tour of the scanning area will take place so you can get a full feel for the scope and the detailed process this project entails.

      Please join us for one or both sessions:
           Monday 12 OCT 2:00pm - 3:00pm
           Thursday 22 OCT 6:30pm - 7:30pm

      Both sessions will begin in the Carriage House on the Clayton home property at 5300 Caroline, Houston, TX 77004.

      If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 832-393-2602 or send me an email at susan.kaufman@...

      We hope to see you, and we hope you are interested in volunteering.

      Thank you all for everything you do for Clayton Library!

      Sincerely,

      Sue

      Susan D Kaufman, Manager
      Clayton
      Library Center for Genealogical Research
      Houston Public Library
      5300 Caroline St.
      Houston, TX 77004

      832-393-2602 (p)