Ancestry World Archives Project

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2009
      I plan to briefly discuss this at tomorrow night's meeting:

      http://community.ancestry.com/wap/download.aspx

      About the Ancestry.com World Archives Project

      The Ancestry.com World Archives Project gives people everywhere a unique
      chance to help save the world's historical records - millions that might
      otherwise be lost. Anyone can participate by accessing record images in our
      system and entering relevant names, dates and other facts to make the
      information searchable online.

      As part of the Ancestry.com World Archives Project:

      * All indexes will remain free to the public on Ancestry.com.
      * Ancestry.com will donate copies of record indexes and images from the
      project to partnering government archives and genealogy societies.
      * Images and indexes from the project will be available for free to
      patrons at thousands of subscribing libraries across the U.S.
      * Ancestry.com will provide free advertising to partnering genealogy
      societies.

      And coming soon:

      * Active contributors will be able to vote on which records the project
      indexes next.
      Currently, active contributors are participants who help index 900+
      records per quarter.
      * Active contributors will receive free access to original images in the
      project's databases. Those who already subscribe to Ancestry.com will be
      eligible for a discount on renewal.

      --
      Web sites I manage -Personal home page, After Hours Band (I play keyboards),
      Gesher Galicia, Greater Houston Jewish Genealogical Society, Woodside Civic
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24, 2009
        Hello
        This is my first post to this group... I am a librarian in Katy and would like to help with the World Archives Project.

        Can I work at my own pace from home? I could give at least 2 hours a week.
        Diana

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 25, 2009

          Diana,

          You can do this from your home.

          Max

          This is my first post to this group... I am a librarian in Katy and would like to help with the World Archives Project.

          Can I work at my own pace from home? I could give at least 2 hours a week.
          Diana

          --- In GenshardsII@yahoogroups.com, "Max Heffler" <max@...> wrote:

          > I plan to briefly discuss this at tomorrow night's meeting:
          >
          > http://community.ancestry.com/wap/download.aspx
          >
          > About the Ancestry.com World Archives Project
          >
          > The Ancestry.com World Archives Project gives people everywhere a unique
          > chance to help save the world's historical records - millions that might
          > otherwise be lost. Anyone can participate by accessing record images in
          our
          > system and entering relevant names, dates and other facts to make the
          > information searchable online.
          >
          > As part of the Ancestry.com World Archives Project:
          >
          > * All indexes will remain free to the public on Ancestry.com.
          > * Ancestry.com will donate copies of record indexes and images from the
          > project to partnering government archives and genealogy societies.
          > * Images and indexes from the project will be available for free to
          > patrons at thousands of subscribing libraries across the U.S.
          > * Ancestry.com will provide free advertising to partnering genealogy
          > societies.
          >
          > And coming soon:
          >
          > * Active contributors will be able to vote on which records the project
          > indexes next.
          > Currently, active contributors are participants who help index 900+
          > records per quarter.
          > * Active contributors will receive free access to original images in the
          > project's databases. Those who already subscribe to Ancestry.com will be
          > eligible for a discount on renewal.
          >
          > --
          > Web sites I manage -Personal home page, After Hours Band (I play
          keyboards),
          > Gesher Galicia, Greater Houston Jewish Genealogical Society, Woodside
          Civic
          > Club, Skala, Ukraine Shtetlink, Joniskelis, Lithuania Shtetlink, and pet
          > volunteer project - Yizkor book project: www.texsys.com/websites.html

        • Diana Steinman
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 26, 2009
            When  and where is your next meeting?