Jewish Herald-Voice database update

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
      The Jewish Herald-Voice database at JewishGen now containing the 100 years
      of the Jewish Herald-Voice from 1908 through the end of 2008 is now in test
      mode:

      Just search the All USA database (http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/USA/ )
      and add the word #TEST# after the surname, eg:

      Katz#TEST#

      Please test this so that we can get some publicity in the Herald about the
      entire first 100 years being searchable via JewishGen. Please send me
      feedback. No one tested the last update besides me. Please test and reply.

      Thanks,
      Max
    • Deena Yoffa Gordon
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2009

        Dear Max,

        I just tested the databases, both the individual and the couples.  Using Katz#TEST# both with and without a space preceeding the # sign produced no results found.  Just to double check, I also searched on just “Katz” and found numerous hits.  I also ran similar tests on Yoffa and Jaffe with the same results.

        Please advise.

        ------------Deena

        Jewish Herald-Voice database update

        Posted by: "Max Heffler" max@...   mgheffl

        Mon Mar 2, 2009 5:17 pm (PST)

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2009

          Deena,

          It is case sensitive. I got nothing if I did not capitalize all of TEST (Katz#TEST#). Then I got lots before and after this part:

          Check the two JHV ones.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 8, 2009

            Has anyone been able to test successfully using this syntax:

            Surname#TEST#

            All of TEST has to be upper-case.

            Please reply,

            Thanks

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 13, 2009

              This was the only reply I got and I never got a reply that anyone tested successfully. Please test this so I can have them make it live after which we can get some publicity in the JHV.