651FW: Clayton Library Friends General Meeting Saturday and other important things

    Feb 5, 2014

      · This is a reminder that this Saturday, February 8, our CLF General Meeting will be held in the Carriage House Meeting Room at Clayton Library. Registration will start at 10:15 and the meeting will be at 10:30. The Reverend David P. Bridges will be our speaker. His topic will be "Major James Breathed, Southern Confederate Hero: What makes a hero, then and now." His book "The Broken Circle" about Major Breathed will be available for sale at the meeting. A short film about the book and information about the author can be found on our website www.ClaytonLibraryFriends.org .

      · The February issue of CLF's newsletter is available on our website www.ClaytonLibraryFriends.org  in the Member Login section [upper right hand corner of homepage.] Use your Username and Password found at the beginning of this page to access it. This is the last newsletter for anyone whose dues are not paid for 2014.

      Those who requested to have a hard copy mailed may have it by now.

      ·
      Also at the top of this page you will see a line which states Dues Paid Until. If the date is December 31, 2013, your dues have not been paid for 2014. If you have not sent them in during the last 1 ½ weeks, please do so along with a completed Membership Application. It can also be found on our website www.ClaytonLibraryFriends.org under the Join/Renew tab. It takes a while for things to go through the Data Base to the Website. If you have a question please contact us at info@.... Dues can also be paid at our meeting on Saturday.

      ·
      Have you registered for our March 8 Seminar Civil War Paper Trails to be held at the United Way Building on Waugh Drive? See our website www.ClaytonLibraryFriends.org  for more information.

      The four topics will be:

      1) Civilians in the War
      2) During the War
      3) When the War was over
      4) Southern Claims Commission Files.

      The lectures include both the Union and Confederate Armies and the one On Southern Claims Commission deals with those living in the south who supported the Union.

      A Registration Form is available on our website and at the meeting on Saturday.