391FW: [iajgs] Stephanie Weiner z"l

    Mar 1, 2012
      It is with sadness that I announce the death of Stephanie Weiner z"l ,
      member of the IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee (PRAMC).
      Stephanie succumbed to pancreatic cancer early this morning, March 1.

      Some of you may not have known Stephanie. She lived in San Diego County,
      was a retired librarian, member of the Willamette Valley (Oregon) JGS,
      former member of the San Diego JGS, and avid genealogist and attended many
      of the IAJGS International Conferences on Jewish Genealogy. She is survived
      by many friends and cousins. Stephanie will be buried in New Jersey, Sunday
      March 4 with a gravesite ceremony at 1:00 PM at Beth Israel Cemetery US
      Highway 1 Woodbridge, NJ

      Stephanie served on the IAJGS PRAMC since 2006. Her research and
      wordsmithing skills made the IAJGS statements on pending legislation for the
      past 6 years excellent representations on our behalf. Her most recent
      contribution was the final wordsmithing on the IAJGS statement to the House
      Ways and Means Subcommittee on Social Security regarding keeping the SSDI
      access open to the public--that was only 2 weeks ago. Stephanie's
      outspokenness and willing to "fight the fight" on behalf of records access
      will be greatly missed.

      Jan Meisels Allen
      janmallen@...
      IAJGS Vice President
      Chairperson, IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee