115RE: [GenshardsII] Re:Jewish Herald-Voice database update

    Mar 5, 2009

      It is case sensitive. I got nothing if I did not capitalize all of TEST (Katz#TEST#). Then I got lots before and after this part:

      Check the two JHV ones.

      From: GenshardsII@yahoogroups.com [mailto:GenshardsII@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Deena Yoffa Gordon
      Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:15 PM
      To: GenshardsII@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [GenshardsII] Re:Jewish Herald-Voice database update

      Dear Max,

      I just tested the databases, both the individual and the couples.  Using Katz#TEST# both with and without a space preceeding the # sign produced no results found.  Just to double check, I also searched on just “Katz” and found numerous hits.  I also ran similar tests on Yoffa and Jaffe with the same results.

      Please advise.

      Jewish Herald-Voice database update

      Posted by: "Max Heffler" max@...   mgheffl

      Mon Mar 2, 2009 5:17 pm (PST)

      The Jewish Herald-Voice database at JewishGen now containing the 100 years
      of the Jewish Herald-Voice from 1908 through the end of 2008 is now in test

      Just search the All USA database (http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/USA/ )
      and add the word #TEST# after the surname, eg:

      Please test this so that we can get some publicity in the Herald about the
      entire first 100 years being searchable via JewishGen. Please send me
      feedback. No one tested the last update besides me. Please test and reply.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic