Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Cinnamon-Ino Red Rumps

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hello all
      I joined the group about two months ago. This is my
      first posting.I breed mainly red rump (six primary
      mutations and so far four combined mutations) and also
      bourkes (four primary and so far two combined)
      This season I produced from a double split cock and a
      normal hen four young birds . Two were visually normal
      cocks , one a cinnamon hen and the other a
      cinnamon-lutino hen.I can tell you that it has red
      eyes and looks very much like a lutino EXCEPT it has
      an unmistakeable cinnamon pigment through it.As the
      chick developes the giveaway is the central tail
      feathers which have a distinctive Cinnamon look about
      them.Now that this bird is on the perch and I can
      compare it to a young lutino hen in the next flight
      the overall effect is a darker looking "lutino" bird
      .Hope this helps
      Keith--- codarijay <drybright@...> wrote
      ---------------------------------
      Hi I have the birds to bred a cinnamon-Ino red rump
      next season and
      I was wondering if any one knows what they look
      like?????
      Thanks Tony.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Terms of Service.

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2003
        Keith

        Your have been very lucky, comparing your results to mine (I have
        produced about 60-70 hens from such matings without ever getting one!)

        Are you able to photograph her?

        And the next test is to mate her back to a Cinnamon cock, producing
        Cinnamon sons and proving that she is indeed a Cinnamon-ino hen.

        > I joined the group about two months ago. This is my
        > first posting.I breed mainly red rump (six primary
        > mutations and so far four combined mutations) and also
        > bourkes (four primary and so far two combined)
        > This season I produced from a double split cock and a
        > normal hen four young birds . Two were visually normal
        > cocks , one a cinnamon hen and the other a
        > cinnamon-lutino hen.I can tell you that it has red
        > eyes and looks very much like a lutino EXCEPT it has
        > an unmistakeable cinnamon pigment through it.As the
        > chick developes the giveaway is the central tail
        > feathers which have a distinctive Cinnamon look about
        > them.Now that this bird is on the perch and I can
        > compare it to a young lutino hen in the next flight
        > the overall effect is a darker looking "lutino" bird
        > .Hope this helps
      • mutationbreeder
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 2, 2003
          Hello Terry and other members,

          -
          -- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Martin"
          <sbankvet@b...> wrote:
          > Keith
          >
          > Your have been very lucky, comparing your results to mine
          (I have
          > produced about 60-70 hens from such matings without ever getting
          one!)

          > Are you able to photograph her?
          >
          > And the next test is to mate her back to a Cinnamon cock,
          producing
          > Cinnamon sons and proving that she is indeed a Cinnamon-ino hen.
          >
          > Terry

        • mutationbreeder
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 2, 2003
            Hello Terry and members,
            The last "message" was obviously not meant to be sent.I am still
            battling a little with this technology. Sorry folks.
            I am virtually certain that the hen I have produced is a cinnamon-
            ino.It is certainly not a lutino or a cinnamon as I have bred both
            previously including this season .
            As soon as I can take a picture and get to grips with the process I
            will post a picture.
            Keith

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 2, 2003
              Keith

              > I am virtually certain that the hen I have produced is a cinnamon-
              > ino.It is certainly not a lutino or a cinnamon as I have bred both
              > previously including this season .

              Your description is what I would expect for a Cinnamon-ino. The test
              mating would prove it beyond all doubt and argument. Cant wait to see a
              photo.

              Terry
            • MysteryPickles@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 3, 2003
                In a message dated 12/2/03 8:45:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, sbankvet@... writes:

                Your description is what I would expect for a Cinnamon-ino. The test
                mating would prove it beyond all doubt and argument. Cant wait to see a
                photo.

                Can you also test mate this bird to a lutino to get lutino sons?

                Nicole
                Mystery Pickles Parrots

                Coconut Creek, FL
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 3, 2003
                  Nicole

                          Yes, that would be the proof of the ino portion of the genetic makeup. However the greater question lies with the Cinnamon portion and therefore that is what I would test first.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 3, 2003
                    In a message dated 12/3/03 8:24:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, sbankvet@... writes:

                    Yes, that would be the proof of the ino portion of the genetic makeup. However the greater question lies with the Cinnamon portion and therefore that is what I would test first.

                    Hi Terry,
                    Now I understand. I realized afterwards that this bird has red eyes, and i suppose that already proves the Ino portion. Thank you for clarifying! =)

                    Nicole
                    Mystery Pickles Parrots

                    Coconut Creek, FL
                  • Russell Pringle
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 5, 2003
                      Terry, The bird which I believed to be a Cinnamon Lutino Eastern Rosella (I posted a photo a few months ago) has this season produced cinnamon cocks. Therefore proving the cinnamon side & will this season be mated to a lutino.
                      In the 2001 season a mate of mine bred what we believed to be a Cinnamon Rubino Eastern and was mated to a Cinnamon Opaline cock and this season produced Cinnamon Opaline/Lutino cocks.
                      The next step I suppose is Cinnamon Rubino cocks & we'll see how we go.

                      Cheers Russell

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 6, 2003
                        Hello all,

                        There is the championship of France currently. We discussed with a breeder red rumped.
                        He has bred cinnamon-ino reds rumped, this year.
                        He can confirm that the bird has suffusions blue at the fold of wing.

                        Best regards

                        Michael

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 6, 2003
                          Terry and members,
                          Today I have taken photos of the cinnamon-ino hen on
                          its own and then two shots with a lutino hen.One a
                          head shot and the other an upper body shot.These two
                          hens are two weeks apart in age. The diferences I
                          would describe as follows. The upper suface of the
                          tail feathers have a distictive cinnamon wash to
                          them,the upper suface of the wings also especially the
                          flight feathers but less obvious. The underneath of
                          the tail feathers have a similar look to the wing
                          feathers. The beak colour is slightly darker and the
                          eye colour althogh red is slightly darker than the
                          lutino.Also the overall body colour is darker. As I
                          said in a previous posting those breeders looking to
                          breed this combination and to identify it from an
                          early age would be well advised to examine the two
                          central tail feathers to look for the telltale
                          cinnamon colour rather than the light lemon colour of
                          a lutino. The pair that produced this youngster are on
                          six fertile eggs.Here's hoping.
                          Keith
                          --- Terry Martin <sbankvet@...> wrote:
                          Keith

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 7, 2003
                            Keith

                            It is not a colour that shows up well in the photos. Cant really see
                            the cinnamon tinge on my monitor but I believe yout hat it is there. I hope
                            you mate this hen to a Cinnamon cock to prove beyond doubt that it is a true
                            Cinnnamon Ino.