Re: platinium red rump

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello ??

      > Hi I have a LutinoPlatinium split opline possiable split blue cock

      The reason why we call it a LutinoPlatinum without a gap between the
      names, is because Platinum is a multiple allele of the lutino gene. This
      means it behaves as a partial copy of the lutino and the bird you have has
      one lutino gene and one platinum gene, as well as one opaline gene (and
      maybe a blue one)

      > with a BlueOpaline hen. She is sitting on 7 fertile eggs and I was
      > wondering what the chicks will be??????

      The Blue Opaline should be written with a gap between them as they
      are unrelated mutations.

      your potential results are:-

      LutinoPlatinum/Opaline cock x Blue Opaline hen
      = Green/Lutino/Opaline/Blue, Green/Platinum/Opaline/Blue,
      Opaline/Lutino/Blue and Opaline/Platinum/Blue cocks
      + Lutino/Blue, Lutino Opaline/Blue, Platinum/Blue and Platinum Opaline/Blue
      hens

      If your cock is indeed split for Blue then all the above will be
      duplicated in Blue series.

      Please note that the sons produced cannot be identified as to
      whether they are split for Lutino or split for Platinum.