new bourke mutation

  • andrewsbpp1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi all,
      would like to hear peoples comments about this bourke we come across.

      thanks
      andrew & debbie
    • featherzz2u
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
        Hi Andrew and debbie,

        Which new bourke mutation are you referring to? I tried several
        times to download your photo but nonething happened.

        I have a beautiful new just weaned rosey bourkes, and it doesn't look
        anything like its parents. I too would like to know what to call it.
        I have been told Rainbow. The rump was turqouise but has since
        turned a dark sea blue. I will try to get some photos soon and post
        them so we all can compare. I wish there was a website with all of
        the mutations in clear photos.
        I believe there is a proper way to go about naming new color
        mutations. But I do not know what those rules are. There are lots of
        them in naming new peachface lovebird colors.
        RAINIE

        --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, andrewsbpp1@a... wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > would like to hear peoples comments about this bourke we come
        across.

        > thanks
        > andrew & debbie
      • rainer erhart
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003

          Can't open your image of Bourke, try jpeg. R.

          >From: andrewsbpp1@...
          >To: genetics-psittacine@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Genetics-Psittacine] new bourke mutation
          >Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 05:45:24 EDT
          >
          >Hi all,
          >would like to hear peoples comments about this bourke we come across.
          >
          >thanks
          >andrew & debbie
          ><< bourkemutation001.ZIP >>

        • Gideon Scheepers
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
            Hi Andrew & Debbie

            Very nice birds, would be intereting to combine them with other
            colours to see what comes out. Any more info on the inheritance?

            Regards
            Gideon
            http://www.thomasriver.co.za/parrots

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
              Andrew and Debbie

                     This is an interesting colour change that is probably an unnoticed mutation that is far more common in our Bourke Parrots than breeders realise. I have seen previously a few birds that were similar and certainly Violet factor is the first thing that comes to mind. Deserves to be bred and studied to confirm the inheritance is dominant and the correct identity of the mutation.

                      Also, if possible, could you send the photos just as Jpegs without the ZIP compression and many list members are unable to unzip the file.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
                featherzz2u

                these are the photos that you tried to down load from andrew.

                they are of various colourations of the feathers.

                hope this helps