question

  • Dirk Van den Abeele
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hello,

      I am trying to figure out how many different countries are involved on this
      list?
      I know that there are members from: Australia, America, Canada, England,
      Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium…………..
      If there are members from other countries on this list, please let me know?
      I need that information urgent because I want to try to convince the Com in
      Europe to use also our ‘international terms’ that we use in this list!!

      Thanks in advance!!

      Dirk Van den Abeele

      Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
      Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
      <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
      MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
      <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

    • lutino
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
        Hello Dirk, I'm from Spain.

        Regards
        Sergio

      • Manote quah
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
          Hello Dirk,
          I'm from Thailand.
          Regards,
          Manote
          Dirk Van den Abeele <dirk@...> wrote:Hello,

          I am trying to figure out how many different countries are involved on this
          list?
          I know that there are members from: Australia, America, Canada, England,
          Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium����..
          If there are members from other countries on this list, please let me know?
          I need that information urgent because I want to try to convince the Com in
          Europe to use also our �international terms� that we use in this list!!

          Thanks in advance!!

          Dirk Van den Abeele

          Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
          Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
          <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
          MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
          <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • van der Westhuizen
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
            Dirk

            There are also a lot of South Africans here.

            Gerhard

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
              Portugal.

              ;-)

              Artur Bernardes
              I am trying to figure out how many different countries are involved on this
              list?
              I know that there are members from: Australia, America, Canada, England,
              Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium......
              If there are members from other countries on this list, please let me know?
              I need that information urgent because I want to try to convince the Com in
              Europe to use also our 'international terms' that we use in this list!!

              Thanks in advance!!

              Dirk Van den Abeele

              Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
              Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
              <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
              MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
              <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Syed Tasneem Ahmed
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 2003
                Dear Dirk Van den Abeele,

                I am an Indian and based in the Kingdom of Saudi
                Arabia due to my work.

                Regards,
                Tasneem

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • saulobiscoto <silkrock@gold.com.br>
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 2003
                  Hi Dirk,

                  I'm from Brazil!

                  Saulo Jr. P. Biscoto
                  Silkrock Ringnecks - Brazil

                  --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk Van den Abeele"
                  <dirk@a...> wrote:
                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > I am trying to figure out how many different countries are involved
                  on this
                  > list?
                  > I know that there are members from: Australia, America, Canada,
                  England,
                  > Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium…………..
                  > If there are members from other countries on this list, please let
                  me know?
                  > I need that information urgent because I want to try to convince
                  the Com in
                  > Europe to use also our `international terms' that we use in this
                  list!!

                  > Thanks in advance!!
                  >
                  > Dirk Van den Abeele
                  >
                  > Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/
                  <http://www.agapornis.be/>
                  > Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
                  > <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
                  > MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                  > <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

                • Yoanna
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 3, 2003
                    Hello,

                    I'm from Poland.

                    Joanna

                    http://www.agapornidenclub.be/ <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/> MUTAVI
                    homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                    <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

                    --------------r-e-k-l-a-m-a-----------------

                    OnetPoczta: duza, szybka, bezpieczna!
                    http://poczta.onet.pl/oferta/
                  • Dirk Van den Abeele
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 3, 2003
                      Thanks!

                      Dirk Van den Abeele

                      Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
                      Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
                      <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
                      MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                      <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

                      > I am trying to figure out how many different countries are
                      > involved on this list? I know that there are members from:
                      > Australia, America, Canada, England, Denmark, Germany,
                      > France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium...... If there are
                      > members from other countries on this list, please let me
                      > know? I need that information urgent because I want to try to
                      > convince the Com in Europe to use also our 'international
                      > terms' that we use in this list!!
                      >
                      > Thanks in advance!!
                      >
                      > Dirk Van den Abeele
                      >
                      > Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
                      > < http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/> > Homepage BVA:
                      http://www.agapornidenclub.be/ <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/> <
                      http://www.agapornidenclub.be/ <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/> > MUTAVI
                      homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                      <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>
                      < http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/ <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/> >

                      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

                    • Dirk Van den Abeele
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006

                        Hello,

                        In the Netherlands they are busy to write a new standard for Lineolated parakeets. They have some doubts on the question if the Parblue Lineolated is a turquoise or an aqua.  Who can help?

                        Greetings from Belgium,

                        Dirk Van den Abeele

                        MUTAVI, Research & Advice Group
                        Ornitho-Genetics VZW

                      • Alain Campagne
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
                          Hello Dirk
                          As Terry already said at several times, that isn't always easy to assign set percentages, what I can say from my Lineo is that, for my eye, the colour looks regular all over the body, I couldn't say that some parts are greener, I think that the blue reduction looks homogeneous.
                          Best Regards
                          Alain

                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
                            Dirk, Alain

                                    When we first discussed defining terms for different Parblue mutations 6-7years ago, we began by using

                            Aqua equals even suppression of psittacin, approx at half strength.
                            Turquoise equals either strong psittacin reduction (almost blue) or uneven reduction that is almost complete in some regions but significantly less in others.

                                    Perhaps with time and more Parblue mutations in different species we will need to break up the Turquoise group into two of more categories.

                                    At present though, I view the Lineolated mutation as a Turquoise because it is almost pure blue, far greater reduction of psittacin than would comfortably fit an Aqua definition.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006

                              Thank you Terry, I will forward your email.