Re: Re. Brown Indian Ringneck??? (pic)

  • B Chauhan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
      --- Hi Gideon,
      I am sure that the young is a Cinnamon Grey. By looking at the
      picture I can say that this ia a dark phase bird. In all mutations
      you have light phase and dark phase. This factor you will also see in
      green ringnecks. I have identified this a long time ago.

      Babu Chauhan

      In Genetics-Psittacine@y..., "mutations" <mutations@f...> wrote:
      > Hi all here is the pics of the little one aswell as a Grey
      cinnamon and Grey for comparison

      > Regards
      > Gideon
      > ps. Babu the eyes are dark
    • Gideon Scheepers
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
        Hi Babu

        Thanks for the info, I thought as much , it just looked different
        from the normal Grey Cinnamons I've bred.

        Please remember to post the photo of the ringneck you mentioned
        earlier.

        PS. I've asked this before, but got no reply , in your photo album
        you have a Contra hen , what is it?

        Regards Gideon
        http://wwww.thomasriver.co.za/parrot

        --- In Genetics-Psittacine@y..., "B Chauhan" <m02ypm00@c...> wrote:
        > --- Hi Gideon,
        > I am sure that the young is a Cinnamon Grey. By looking at the
        > picture I can say that this ia a dark phase bird. In all mutations
        > you have light phase and dark phase. This factor you will also see
        in
        > green ringnecks. I have identified this a long time ago.
        >
        > Babu Chauhan
        >
        > In Genetics-Psittacine@y..., "mutations" <mutations@f...> wrote:
        > > Hi all here is the pics of the little one aswell as a Grey
        > cinnamon and Grey for comparison
        > >

        > > Regards
        > > Gideon
        > > ps. Babu the eyes are dark
      • B Chauhan
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
          --- Dear Gideon,
          The name given to this mutation is after lot of thoughts. This
          mutation works in complete opposite to Clearhead (BUTTERCUP). In this
          mutation the head & flight feathers remains normal, but the melanin
          is striped away from the body and tail. I have been working with this
          mutation for about ten years now. The orignal bird was wild taken
          from India.

          Babu Chauhan