Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Re: green cockatiel?

  • judy
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2002
      hi all
      well I got some more pi of the 3 "green" teals
      and they are in a moult and now look more yellow. pic 1 normal Gary cock with the 3 "green" cocks. he is dad to the 3.
      pic 2 is the same 3 "green" cocks with  a other cock from the Same nest normally Gary.
      the mother  hen is a normal Gary too.
      pic 3 these 2 "green" teils are from the same cock bird how mated to a different hen, the hen was a very dark Gary white face. I lost her this year. one of these 2 teils is a hen and nearly all her whitebits are yellow.(she is the 1 with her back to us.
      I plan to breed her to 1 of the other "green" cock birds.
      I had a friend come round to day how breeds teils and he's a vet, he is very interested in them and has taken some bloods and feathers and poo to look at.
      but he has said that they all look very healthy birds although the hen has got longer feathers.
      the 3 "green" cocks all have got solid Gary wings with white wing bands, its just the body that has this well very yellow/Gary/green look to it but the hen has a lot of yellow in the wings too.

      love Judy and Thomas too

      p.s sorry a bout the pic they r not to good as my dige cam is a cheep one and I am not good at taking pics.
      ---

      ---

      Some files have not been scanned

      ---