Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] question

  • ringnecklady
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 31, 2002
      My first reaction to what you call yours is, it's "Keepers"

      --I certainly agree with Gene...these are birds to keep and work with to see
      what colors you might come up with.

      There are skins in two British Museums, dating 1903 and 1904, collected in
      the wild, that have pure black heads. One was an Indian and the other was an
      African.Thus it is possible for this to once again appear.

      --A few years back Charles Collins had a gorgeous green Indian Ringneck with
      a black head...too bad that the black molted out, but you never know if it
      will come back again.

      Also, I will soon be posting pictures of two young Indians being hand fed
      that are light brown and dark brown flights. the colors are clear with no
      suffusion. I also call them "keepers"

      --I'm sure we'll all be waiting to see these pictures Gene! :) :)

      Joyce Baum
      http://www.ringnecklady.net
      Vice President, Avicultural Society of Tucson
      http://www.ArizonaAST.org
      Vice President, Asiatic Breeders Association
      http://www.drzoolittle.com/ABA.html
    • Dirk Van den Abeele
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
        Hello,

        I am trying to figure out how many different countries are involved on this
        list?
        I know that there are members from: Australia, America, Canada, England,
        Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium…………..
        If there are members from other countries on this list, please let me know?
        I need that information urgent because I want to try to convince the Com in
        Europe to use also our ‘international terms’ that we use in this list!!

        Thanks in advance!!

        Dirk Van den Abeele

        Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
        Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
        <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
        MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
        <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

      • lutino
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
          Hello Dirk, I'm from Spain.

          Regards
          Sergio

        • Manote quah
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
            Hello Dirk,
            I'm from Thailand.
            Regards,
            Manote
            Dirk Van den Abeele <dirk@...> wrote:Hello,

            I am trying to figure out how many different countries are involved on this
            list?
            I know that there are members from: Australia, America, Canada, England,
            Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium����..
            If there are members from other countries on this list, please let me know?
            I need that information urgent because I want to try to convince the Com in
            Europe to use also our �international terms� that we use in this list!!

            Thanks in advance!!

            Dirk Van den Abeele

            Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
            Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
            <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
            MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
            <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • van der Westhuizen
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
              Dirk

              There are also a lot of South Africans here.

              Gerhard

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 1, 2003
                Portugal.

                ;-)

                Artur Bernardes
                I am trying to figure out how many different countries are involved on this
                list?
                I know that there are members from: Australia, America, Canada, England,
                Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium......
                If there are members from other countries on this list, please let me know?
                I need that information urgent because I want to try to convince the Com in
                Europe to use also our 'international terms' that we use in this list!!

                Thanks in advance!!

                Dirk Van den Abeele

                Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
                Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
                <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
                MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Syed Tasneem Ahmed
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 2003
                  Dear Dirk Van den Abeele,

                  I am an Indian and based in the Kingdom of Saudi
                  Arabia due to my work.

                  Regards,
                  Tasneem

                  http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                • saulobiscoto <silkrock@gold.com.br>
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 2, 2003
                    Hi Dirk,

                    I'm from Brazil!

                    Saulo Jr. P. Biscoto
                    Silkrock Ringnecks - Brazil

                    --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk Van den Abeele"
                    <dirk@a...> wrote:
                    > Hello,
                    >
                    > I am trying to figure out how many different countries are involved
                    on this
                    > list?
                    > I know that there are members from: Australia, America, Canada,
                    England,
                    > Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium…………..
                    > If there are members from other countries on this list, please let
                    me know?
                    > I need that information urgent because I want to try to convince
                    the Com in
                    > Europe to use also our `international terms' that we use in this
                    list!!

                    > Thanks in advance!!
                    >
                    > Dirk Van den Abeele
                    >
                    > Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/
                    <http://www.agapornis.be/>
                    > Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
                    > <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
                    > MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                    > <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

                  • Yoanna
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 3, 2003
                      Hello,

                      I'm from Poland.

                      Joanna

                      http://www.agapornidenclub.be/ <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/> MUTAVI
                      homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                      <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

                      --------------r-e-k-l-a-m-a-----------------

                      OnetPoczta: duza, szybka, bezpieczna!
                      http://poczta.onet.pl/oferta/
                    • Dirk Van den Abeele
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 3, 2003
                        Thanks!

                        Dirk Van den Abeele

                        Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
                        Homepage BVA: http://www.agapornidenclub.be/
                        <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/>
                        MUTAVI homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                        <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>

                        > I am trying to figure out how many different countries are
                        > involved on this list? I know that there are members from:
                        > Australia, America, Canada, England, Denmark, Germany,
                        > France, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium...... If there are
                        > members from other countries on this list, please let me
                        > know? I need that information urgent because I want to try to
                        > convince the Com in Europe to use also our 'international
                        > terms' that we use in this list!!
                        >
                        > Thanks in advance!!
                        >
                        > Dirk Van den Abeele
                        >
                        > Personal homepage: http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/>
                        > < http://www.agapornis.be/ <http://www.agapornis.be/> > Homepage BVA:
                        http://www.agapornidenclub.be/ <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/> <
                        http://www.agapornidenclub.be/ <http://www.agapornidenclub.be/> > MUTAVI
                        homepage: http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/
                        <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/>
                        < http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/ <http://www.euronet.nl/users/dwjgh/> >

                        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

                      • Dirk Van den Abeele
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006

                          Hello,

                          In the Netherlands they are busy to write a new standard for Lineolated parakeets. They have some doubts on the question if the Parblue Lineolated is a turquoise or an aqua.  Who can help?

                          Greetings from Belgium,

                          Dirk Van den Abeele

                          MUTAVI, Research & Advice Group
                          Ornitho-Genetics VZW

                        • Alain Campagne
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
                            Hello Dirk
                            As Terry already said at several times, that isn't always easy to assign set percentages, what I can say from my Lineo is that, for my eye, the colour looks regular all over the body, I couldn't say that some parts are greener, I think that the blue reduction looks homogeneous.
                            Best Regards
                            Alain

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006
                              Dirk, Alain

                                      When we first discussed defining terms for different Parblue mutations 6-7years ago, we began by using

                              Aqua equals even suppression of psittacin, approx at half strength.
                              Turquoise equals either strong psittacin reduction (almost blue) or uneven reduction that is almost complete in some regions but significantly less in others.

                                      Perhaps with time and more Parblue mutations in different species we will need to break up the Turquoise group into two of more categories.

                                      At present though, I view the Lineolated mutation as a Turquoise because it is almost pure blue, far greater reduction of psittacin than would comfortably fit an Aqua definition.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 5, 2006

                                Thank you Terry, I will forward your email.