Princess of wales genetics

  • Gaetan & Lena Labrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      I am trying to get some info on the genetics of theses birds; and would like to know how does the lutino and blue mutation works with this specie.

      Thanks,

      Gaetan
    • Mervilde Didier
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
        HI They are both recessive so you must have two times the factor to produce a lutino  or a blue .

        Didier
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
          Gaetan

          Didier is correct, the Lutino Princess Parrot is a NSL (recessive)
          Lutino. All Blues are always recessive. Therefore you need to produce double
          splits and work the odds to combine the two mutations to produce the Albino.

          Terry