Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Emailing: IMG_1018

  • XP 2600
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 29, 2012
      Excuse me, is it Marbled?

      On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Chris Whipps <chris@...> wrote:

      Victor ,We know you beleive saddlebacks DONT exist yet you wanted to buy 1 of these violet greens that Phil breed ,If not to get the saddleback gene why did you want Phills birds., As from your photos you breed plenty of violet harlequins yourself.

      I thought they where really important .as did some of my friends ,So i bought the lot.

      Regards, Chris
      Ph: 0415 870 336

      http://www.mcw-indianringnecks.com.au

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2012
          G,Day Victor , Theres 2 dirrerent types of Dominate Pieds ,Which Type do YOU breed.
          You resently stated we should use Sjacks book to name birds ,so they are named Correctly, Sjacks named these birds or should i say BABU who developed , and named these birds correctly as HARLEQUINS.ON PAGE 382 OF Sjacks book. Coinsidently he also named saddlebacks and developed them as well.You keep forgetting to answer why you wanted to by Phills violet green HARLEQUINS when you breed your own.

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2012
            I only have one pair IRN, 3 Cockatiel pairs and another 30 pairs in Roseicollis. I've said it in the past, These birds are pied, When the day comes and markings are limited to their back like the Saddle Back Cockatiels you'll make me a believer.

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 1, 2012
              Here we go again same old story round and round again...like a broken record

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2012
                chris do u mean there are 2 dominanat pied  mutation  in australia i havea blue pied from jack smith bloodlines  what is the other dominante  pied  in australia thanks

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 2, 2012
                  G,Day Grant , Im sorry for this constant thread ,I dont start them ,I feel i have to reply to them though . I will point out I Bought Saddlebacks ,as i beleive them to be the most Genetically Interesting bird ever produced and i thought thats what this site was about,It is a pitty they look similar to another mutation ,but thats not uncommon ,re- grey to mauve etc or as Victor points out Cinnamon ressive pieds look the same as dom pieds or correctly named Harlequins.The artical on Saddlebacks has now been written although i dont know how long it will be before its published,But when it finally gets published i will resign of this site.,Which is a pitty as i have another 2 very new mutations i would have liked to share on site.1 is dominate ,the other is sex linked , neither has a phyical appearance to any other parrots ive ever seen .I will take this opertunity to thank Recio for his imput.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 2, 2012
                    G,Day, Marj No theres only 1 dominate pied in oz that i know of. The problem is when you dont use the correct name things get mixed up ,As in the case of pastleaquas or more resently Victors Apple green. This birds correct name is emerold turquoise,by combing these 2 mutations you produce one of the lovelyiest colours in IRS i have ever seen . Nevil connors has breed emeroldturquoise in both harlequins and cleartails [picture added of course ] some of which are 4sale.But as with the pastleaquas we have seen the deceitful use the name AppleGreen  new mutation dont miss out offers over $10,000.ofcourse these type of people dont want you to know what they are.My friends in South Africa do have the other type of Dominate Pieds ,actually they now have both types of dominate pieds.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 2, 2012
                      Hey No worries Chris and to Vivtor and anyone else involved in this....
                      I was just doing a bit of stirring, It's all good to me

                      take care
                      Grant

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 6, 2012

                          Marj

                                  Chris would have to explain his comment.

                          Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:29 PM

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 6, 2012
                            thanks

                                    Chris would have to explain his comment.

                            Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:29 PM

                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 11, 2012
                              Your right, when i see the same i will be a believer too.  good stuff  Hec