Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Re:Stability of Hillerman Pieds

  • Jaynee Salan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
      From - Jaynee Salan Pieds1usa@...

      Terry said -

      Many of our newer list members may not be aware that Pied mutations
      >in most species have a pattern that does not vary year from year. So
      >that>feature is unique to these birds (Ed.note: Hillerman Pieds) and tends
      >to set them apart.

      Jaynee says - I wish to add here only that the American Pieds, which I
      developed over the last 25 years each inherit a distinctive pattern at
      hatching and retain that pattern their whole life, never changing in any way
      from year to year. We believe we have an ADM pied as Terry has
      indicated in earlier conversations.

      Over the last 10 years, the American Pieds have been constantly compared to
      the Hillerman Pieds as being one in the same and they ARE NOT. This
      misunderstanding has led to alot of confusion about pied birds in general.
      Although they are both pied expressions, they have no other similarities nor
      do they have any mutual or distant relatives. The
      Hillerman family and I agree entirely on this very point.

      Sometime in the next year, the research team I am a member of will launch
      a new web site called Pacific Genotype that will begin to display the many
      differences of pied expressions in avian species and in general
      disseminate information we have been gathering about mutagenesis, which
      is the creation of mutations, over the last decade.

      It is our hope that the work we have been doing will be of immense value to
      mutation breeders around the world and serve to add immeasurable
      contributions to our medicine of the 2lst century, Biotechnology. I will
      be happy to let everyone know when the web site is operational.
    • Nic van Wyk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
        Go Pets
        Hallo everyone ,
        Jaynee, sorry I'm again the first to reply,

        you haven't answer all my previous questions yet?  But this one is kind of parallel to some of those:
        What is you prove for the following you've said as a fact and i quote,
        >  the American Pieds have been constantly compared to the Hillerman Pieds as being one in the
            same and they ARE NOT.

        Would the real prove not be if they crossbred and all the young are green ? (or not pied, if blue or
        something else is also in combination)

        Looking forward to your new website!

        Regards

        Nic van Wyk