Re: Does any one have genetic information on cloven or booted parrots

  • carhartts_man
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 1, 2011
      Here are some photos of feather footed or legged lutino Peachface lovebirds.

      Chuck

      On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Chuck <carharttsman@...> wrote:
      Hi all I was wondering if you guys had some information on the genetics for feather mutations would it be like the pigeons?

      Chuck

    • Hector Raigosa
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 1, 2011
        Being a fancy pigeon breeder as a child, I was entriged as to whether love birds had some what developed and or mutated feathered feet and thought they might look somewhat like a wild pegions feathered socks. Not the case as far as I can tell from photos. I see no differance, at least not from photos

        Hector

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 1, 2011
          Hi Hector,
             The parents to these were clean legged and I know by breeding Bakhara Trumpeters it take some time to develope the boots where the feathers are on the toes. They started as little bumps that they were on there legs thought it was some kind of growth. They were my friend Ellen's lovebirds that I purchased from the young and when her husband died I purchased the rest of the birds. I had 6 pairs of lutino Peachface lovebirds just this one pair was throwing the feather on the feet. The rest seemed to be throwing normal lutinos or red surffused lutinos people said it look like they were hand painted. I was going to develope them but had my birds stolen from my garage were they were, while I was at work I did send some to a Rainer Erhart but I do not know if he did anything with them. He traded me some whitefaced blue and a Dannish Violet that was in the 80,s.

          Chuck

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 1, 2011
            Hello,

            I've breed a crested PFLB a few years ago. Because I'm not very interested in this sort of mutations ( ? ) I've sold this bird.
            For a long time ago ,maybe 25 years, I own a footfeathered PFLB. For the same reason I've sold that bird too.
            Maybe I can find the original picture, will sent it to the group too.

            I believe there is a picture of a footfeathered Fischer's lovebird in a German ( ? ) book.

            Kind regards,

            André van der Voorn

            Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:20 PM

            Here are some photos of feather footed or legged lutino Peachface lovebirds.

            Chuck

            On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Chuck <carharttsman@...> wrote:
            Hi all I was wondering if you guys had some information on the genetics for feather mutations would it be like the pigeons?

            Chuck

            Geen virus gevonden in het binnenkomende-bericht.
            Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
            Versie: 9.0.872 / Virusdatabase: 271.1.1/3475 - datum van uitgifte: 03/01/11 08:34:00
          • Cindy Nishi
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 1, 2011
              Hi Andre,

              Do you know how it is going for this person that you sold the crested Roseicollis? Are they developing this mutation now?

              Thanks for sharing,

              Cindy

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 1, 2011
                Be truthfull, I see nothing intriging in Lbirds with feathered foot or crest, I suppose other might differ and would imagine if a crested LB with a crest simular to a Blue shield crested pegion would clearly enhance it appearance and would for the most part be sought out by breeders. Like Andre; I just can't see myself interested in feathered footed LBirds. But who know what the future holds.

                Hector

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 2, 2011
                  Very true but look what has happened to pigeons and chickens they were all clean leg to start with.

                  Chuck

                    Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:20 PM

                    --
                    Imam
                    MCSA MCSE
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 2, 2011
                      CHUCK,very hard to see any feathers on walking devices on my computta as well. i like the black gloves though. lol.
                       or was the weather cold. they dont hurt,  lorenzo

                      To: Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com
                      From: fatcat_tom@...
                      Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:44:46 -0800

                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 2, 2011
                        Actual that was taken in Oregon City, Oregon on February on a cold clear day if you look at the dog wood tree it still has not budded out yet and also Pocket love to get your cudecal on your finger that is why the gloves.

                        Chuck

                        To: Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com
                        From: fatcat_tom@...
                        Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:44:46 -0800

                          From: fatcat_tom@...
                          Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:44:46 -0800

                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 2, 2011
                            Sorry Chuck even enlarged I can't see what you are describing as  lower resolution pics don't stay clear enough when you magnify them,  even Dirks pics of the crested is not very clear. Understandable though.

                            Allan Macdonald <asplandbird@...>

                            From: fatcat_tom@...
                            Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:44:46 -0800

                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 2, 2011
                              I took the picture and exploded the area that is being talked about. Can you see the little yellow hairs right before the toes start?

                              Cindy

                              From: fatcat_tom@...
                              Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:44:46 -0800

                                From: fatcat_tom@...
                                Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:44:46 -0800

                                Being a fancy pigeon breeder as a child, I was entriged as to whether love birds had some what developed and or mutated feathered feet and thought they might look somewhat like a wild pegions feathered socks. Not the case as far as I can tell from photos. I see no differance, at least not from photos

                                Hector

                                Here are some photos of feather footed or legged lutino Peachface lovebirds.

                                Chuck

                                On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Chuck <carharttsman@...> wrote:
                                Hi all I was wondering if you guys had some information on the genetics for feather mutations would it be like the pigeons?

                                Chuck

                              • Mick Blake [Exotic Parrots & Karmic Aviar

                                  From: fatcat_tom@...
                                  Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:44:46 -0800

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Mar 2, 2011
                                    Thanks Cindy,
                                              I don't have photo shop hooked up so I could circle them, you can even see them on the one hanging out of the dog wood tree on the right leg and they were born with these feathers on the feet because we tried to scrape them off and relized that was part of the bird when they were being hand fed thought it might be forumla.
                                           It is so great that there are formulas premade now days and actual vets for birds had to all that on our own in the 70's.

                                    Chuck

                                    From: fatcat_tom@...
                                    Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:44:46 -0800

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                      hello all,

                                      pictures I make today of a roseicollis aqua ino with feathers in leg ...

                                      http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1379&u=12104273

                                      http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1385&u=12104273

                                      Regards

                                      Florian

                                      --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, Chuck <carharttsman@...> wrote:

                                      > Thanks Cindy,
                                      > I don't have photo shop hooked up so I could circle them,
                                      > you can even see them on the one hanging out of the dog wood tree on
                                      > the right leg and they were born with these feathers on the feet
                                      > because we tried to scrape them off and relized that was part of the
                                      > bird when they were being hand fed thought it might be forumla.
                                      > It is so great that there are formulas premade now days and
                                      > actual vets for birds had to all that on our own in the 70's.
                                      >
                                      > Chuck
                                      >

                                      > On Mar 2, 2011, at 7:29 PM, "Mick Blake [Exotic Parrots & Karmic
                                      > Aviaries]" <Exoticparrots@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > old bird will sometimes grow these leg feathers

                                    • Cindy Nishi
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                        Your first link is a pair of A. personatus. But, the second one is the roseicollis.

                                        Cindy

                                      • Florian Gouze
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 20, 2011
                                          oh sorry

                                          so the good normally ...not easy to take a good picture, i will try again later ...

                                          Florian
                                          Your first link is a pair of A. personatus. But, the second one is the roseicollis.

                                          Cindy

                                          On 19-Jun-11, at 6:04 PM, Florian wrote:

                                          hello all,

                                          pictures I make today of a roseicollis aqua ino with feathers in leg ...

                                          http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1379&u=12104273

                                          Regards

                                          Florian

                                          --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, Chuck <carharttsman@...> wrote:

                                          > Thanks Cindy,
                                          > I don't have photo shop hooked up so I could circle them,
                                          > you can even see them on the one hanging out of the dog wood tree on
                                          > the right leg and they were born with these feathers on the feet
                                          > because we tried to scrape them off and relized that was part of the
                                          > bird when they were being hand fed thought it might be forumla.
                                          > It is so great that there are formulas premade now days and
                                          > actual vets for birds had to all that on our own in the 70's.
                                          >
                                          > Chuck
                                          >

                                          > On Mar 2, 2011, at 7:29 PM, "Mick Blake [Exotic Parrots & Karmic
                                          > Aviaries]" <Exoticparrots@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > old bird will sometimes grow these leg feathers

                                        • XP 2600
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 20, 2011
                                            Hi all,
                                            Some of my feathered feet Roseicollis: