RE: [Genetics-Psittacine] File - Agreed system for naming colour morphs

  • Ric Bailey
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011

      Hi Terry,

                I do believe that when I joined this group that I did not receive the file mentioned below. Regardless of wether it’s  currently accurate or not I’d like a copy if possible please

      Ric

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
        Ric

                The file can be found in the files section of the group website.

        Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:44 PM

        Hi Terry,

                  I do believe that when I joined this group that I did not receive the file mentioned below. Regardless of wether it’s  currently accurate or not I’d like a copy if possible please

        Ric

        The file sent out automatically when new people have joined this group has not been updated in a very long time and therefore will not have all recognised names in it.

        When I joined this list I received a file - Agreed system for naming colour morphs -.  Is this document still up to date?
        If I compare this file with the list in the (newest - 2010) German edition of the lovebird book from Dirk Van den Abeele, I notice that there are several differences. To avoid confusing may I ask which list is most up to date?

        Wout

      • wout w
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
          Ric wrote: "
          I do believe that when I joined this group that I did not receive the file mentioned below. Regardless of wether it’s  currently accurate or not I’d like a copy if possible please"

          Hi Ric,

          more up to date is this file:

          http://www.agapornis.be/artikels/internat1.html

          Woout
        • nielsjemail
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
            Hello,

            Can someone explain the naming of different fallow mutations?
            I know there are a lot of fallow mutations (called:type 1, type 2, pale fallow, pale headed fallow, etc). In the files I have read, I saw that type 1 and type 2 are not correct names, what are better names and how to determine which fallow has wich name?

            Kind regards,

            NTristan

            --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, wout w <woutbirds@...> wrote:

            > Ric wrote: "
            > I do believe that when I joined this group that I did not receive the file
            > mentioned below. Regardless of wether it's currently accurate or not I'd
            > like a copy if possible please"
            >
            > Hi Ric,
            >
            > more up to date is this file:
            >
            > http://www.agapornis.be/artikels/internat1.html
            >

            > Woout

          • Ric Bailey
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011

              Terry,

                      Thanks, I’ll study this literature so I can communicate with a community of knowledgeable folk in a more accurate fashion.