Paring a lutino parrotlet

  • uccello62
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2011
      Hello and a Happy New Year

      What is the best pairing for a lutino parrotlet please?

      thank you

      Stefano
    • Hector Raigosa
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2011
        That would depend on results you want from pairing?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2011
          Sorry, I would like it to pair it to another to produce some albinos.

          The parents of the lutino are a green possibly split to lutino and a dilute split lutino and dilute blue ( I know a bit of a mish mash..)

          thank you

          Stefano

          --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, Hector Raigosa <fatcat_tom@...> wrote:

          > That would depend on results you want from pairing?

        • dilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2011

            Hi, Stefano. Pairing is a matter of personal opinion and depend on the results you plan obtaining.

            My choice pairing for a Lutino parrotlet  will be a green/NSLino (A green parrotlet, carrier of lutino). It should give you 50% Lutino and 50% green/NSLino.babies. The second best option is using a pure green bird; all babies will be green/NSLino.

            There are many other options, say, pairing with a Blue parrotlet; all babies will be green/NSLino/Blue (green, carrier of both Lutino and Blue). Another option is an Albino parrotlet, with all babies being Lutino/Blue. Try not using another Lutino parrotlet, unless you know it to be unrelated (or far removed parentally) to your bird. All babies will be Lutino.

            Dilson/Miami/FL/USA

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2011

              Stefano, an Albino (or Blue NSLino) parrotlet is a combination of Blue and Lutino (NSLino).

              You need both colors in both parents, either visually or as carriers to get an Albino baby.

              Your Lutino have a 50% chance of being split to Blue; IF your Lutino happens to be split to Blue (NSLino/Blue) the best pairing will be with a Blue/NSLino (Blue split to Lutino). Second best is a green/Blue/NSLino.

              Dilson/Miami/FL/USA

              Sorry, I would like it to pair it to another to produce some albinos.

              The parents of the lutino are a green possibly split to lutino and a dilute split lutino and dilute blue ( I know a bit of a mish mash..)

              thank you

              Stefano

              --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, Hector Raigosa <fatcat_tom@...> wrote:

              > That would depend on results you want from pairing?

              > --- On Sat, 1/1/11, uccello62 <uccello62@...> wrote:

              > From: uccello62 <uccello62@...>

              > Subject: [Genetics-Psittacine] Paring a lutino parrotlet

              > To: Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com

              > Date: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 4:37 PM

              > Hello and a Happy New Year

              > What is the best pairing for a lutino parrotlet please?

              > thank you

              > Stefano

              <*> Your email settings:

                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:

                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:

                  Genetics-Psittacine-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  Genetics-Psittacine-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • uccello62
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011
                Thanks Dilson. A blue/lutino or a green/lutino/blue would be the best option I think