  • marj nakar
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      hi willy regards the birds u call [ INDIGO OR  INDIGO BLUE ] my mate  is getting  one  , 2 questions  are they dominant and he was told  by the breeder  the  the hens  are  split to lacewing ??????????? IS  THIS  POSSIBLE  THANKS MARJ

    • William Stobart
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010

        IndigoBlue is the single gene bird, Indigo is the double gene which is extremely rare, they look nothing alike. If it is a young bird under 2 years unless you have seen the parents it can be very hard to tell what you have. IndigoBlues and TurquoiseBlues take varying amounts of time to show al their colour and depending on what other mutations are present. They are dominant only if mated to a Blue bird otherwise they are recessive. There is no way a hen can be split for a sex linked mutation like Pallid (Lacewing). I wouldn’t want such a lightening mutation in any event, although they are cheap. With Buttercup (CH Fallow) birds you get the clear head without nearly the dilution and with C Head &Tail birds no dilution of body colour.