Re: Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Re: 'Saddleback Pieds'

  • Allan Macdonald
    Message 1 of 52 , Jul 1, 2010

      Hi Willy, Parblue is the generic name for any partial blue gene as blue is for the blue gene when referring to turquoise blue the generic term would be parblueblue and a homozygous form turquoise would simply be parblue thus a bird can be split for parblue not parblueblue I deliberately used the generic term to avoid the turquoise, aqua, emerald, etcetera debate

      Green / parblue x Blue =50% parblueblue & 25% green / blue &25% Green / parblue
      therefore as Chris was saying it would not be possible to have blue offspring which is his argument why parblue cannot be involved, he has produce straight blue offspring from the "saddlebacks" parents makes perfect sense to me, if one of the parents was a parblueblue and the other blue then you could get both parblublue and straight blue offspring. hope that clears up my meaning I am agreeing with Chris that blue offspring cannot come from a parblue to blue mating.
      regards,
      Allan Macdonald <asplandbird@...>

      From: Allan Macdonald <asplandbird@...>
      To: Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com;
      Subject: Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Re: 'Saddleback Pieds'
      If we strip it down I think he is saying a green split for parblue mated to a
      blue will only produce parblueblue offspring and no blue perhaps the violet
      green was actually a parblueblue that was on the greener side of blue, having
      the violet in it may make it hard to distinguish between green & parblueblue
      after all like Terry has stated the only mutation that contains blue and yellow
      on the same bird is a parblue of some form, the only other situation where this
      occurs to my knowledge is in a halfsider which with the statement that they have
      reproduced the colour successfully would rule this out.
      Allan Macdonald <asplandbird@...>
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 10, 2012
        G,Day Bruce ,As i said id send replys as i received them . This is My final reply , Id personally like to thank Babu ,Sjack Phil and Gary Taylor for there quick  and honest replys.I do hope all bird breeders have learnt from my very very costly mistake , You can and obvisually should ask for receits , disclosing what you have bought and what you payed for. But honestly who does that with birds , who does that with mates .
        I BELEIVE WHEN WE STOP DEALING WITH DISHONEST BIRDS DEALERS OR BREEDERS , DISHONEST DEALERS WILL STOP DEALING IN BIRDS , its up to us every time we buy a bird ,to protect our own hobby from these types of people.
        Regards, Chris
        Ph: 0415 870 336

        http://www.mcw-indianringnecks.com.au

        From: shantikundan@...