DF pastel blue male combine with creamino hen

  • masood_shah218
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
      Hello terry and all respectable members

      i have a pair of ring neck DF creamino but there chicks are single factor if i breed that pair female with pastel blue DF male then what will be the result is the result fifty fifty or all chicks will DF creamino you have advised me to breed albino male with DF creamino female

      best regards
    • Allan Macdonald
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
        Hi Masood, you are saying you have a pair of turquoise ino (double factor creamino) ringnecks which produced turquoiseblue ino (single factor creamino) chicks, not possible as far as I know as there is no blue in the original pair, you must have to use your terms at least one single factor creamino in the pair. Like I have said in the past there is no such thing as single and double factor pastel (turquoise or any other parblue) visually  pastel birds can only come in  two forms either a combination of parblue & blue (parblueBlue) what you are calling single factor or simply parblue with no blue gene involved, you would do better to think of the bird you call a single factor as a combination colour and the double factor as a single colour, the combination you refer two of "double factor pastel blue cock with a double factor creamino hen" will only produce turquoise birds (double factor pastel) with the cocks split for ino and no creamino or turquoiseblue (single factor pastel) birds.
        regards,

        Allan Macdonald <asplandbird@...>