Khaki scarlet chested mutations

  • mallee_1
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi Everyone,

      This question is directed to Australian breeders of the Khaki mutation in the scarlet chested parrots.

      I have a pair of scarlets, Seagreen cock x pastel seagreen hen and I have young in the nest which appear to be more of a normal colour bird than seagreen in appearance, the difference being they are more of an olive colour through the back and a greyish wash through the rest of the body with a orange/slightly washed out yellow through the belly into the vent.

      I have breed seagreen for years and these are totally different as they appear more closely to being a normal coloured bird. The yellow is more intense through the tail feathers than the washed out cream/yellow colour normally found in seagreens.

      As soon as they fledge I will take a couple of photos of parents and young so you can see the difference.

      If anyone has breed the same birds I would be interested in there opinion as to the what these birds actually are. My feeling is there is actually the khaki mutation at play coming from the seagreen cock bird.

      Any help appreciated.

      Regards Glenn