Spots on head of Fischeri chick

  • Cindy Nishi
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
    Hi all,

    Hope you are enjoying your summers and I guess for some of you winter.
    I would appreciate some help with a Fischeri chick that I bred. Has
    anyone had a bird with these types of spots on their heads? The
    parents are blue x pastelino.

    Thanks in advance,

    Cindy
  • XP 2600
    Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
      I think its a halfsider.

      [Attachment(s) from Cindy Nishi included below]

      --
      Emam
      MCSA MCSE
      Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
        Why would this be considered a half-sider? The feathers are only affected on the back of the head. The rest of the feathering on the body is normal. What i'm wondering is if this is red suffusion and if red-suffusion can only affect one part of the body.

        Cindy

        On 2-Sep-09, at 1:49 AM, XP 2600 wrote:

        I think its a halfsider.

          Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
            Hi Cindy:

            Please wait till after the juvenal moult.
            I think this still a very young bird still showing temporary an amount of "immature" yellow psittacofulvins apt to disappear after 6-8 month.
            Think of baby personatus showing orange in their yellow collar which often disappears after moulting too.

            Wessel van der Veen.
          • Cindy Nishi