Rosella question

  • Scott Stringer
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3 7:17 PM

      Want to save all these photos at once? Learn how
      Play slideshowPlay slideshowSave all photosSave all photos
      Online pictures are available for 30 days

        Hi, I need help identifying a baby from the rosella experts on this list. In my first clutch two of the five babies were cinnamon opaline edged dilutes based on the brown coloration. In my second clutch you can see the baby on the left has much lighter flight feathers than the sibling but does not look cinnamon to me.  Is this color difference natural in the edged dilutes or is it maybe gender based?
       Thanks,
          Scott Stringer
         Austin, Texas

      .
    • Gerard
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4 7:49 AM
        - 1 photo -looks two opaline dilutes and opaline cinnamon dilute,
        2 photo- looks opaline dilute and opaline dilute dilute edged ( dilute and dilute edged are 2 separate mutations). Best regards

        -- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Stringer" <scottostringer@...> wrote:

        > Play slideshow<http://g.msn.com/5meen_us/171?path=/photomail/{bf3dd42f-a438-4fc7-950b-9ae8badb2f37}&image=17CA8106F152E96E!176&imagehi=17CA8106F152E96E!174&CID=1714324474986424686> Save all photos Want to save all these photos at once? Learn how <http://help.live.com/help.aspx?mkt=en-us&project=WL_Mailv2&querytype=keyword&query=segami_lla_evas>
        > Online pictures are available for 30 days
        >
        > Hi, I need help identifying a baby from the rosella experts on this list. In my first clutch two of the five babies were cinnamon opaline edged dilutes based on the brown coloration. In my second clutch you can see the baby on the left has much lighter flight feathers than the sibling but does not look cinnamon to me. Is this color difference natural in the edged dilutes or is it maybe gender based?
        > Thanks,
        > Scott Stringer
        > Austin, Texas<http://cyeemq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pbpGkkMX6LOcLzzpHBKkh6vLH4Bk2i2ho0J4MowGTqYZqzyApmFMdsYVAUdNKu9QzGuX79y91OPCS6hSAJh1OuQ/cinnamon%20opaline%20dilute.JPG?download>
        >
        > <http://cyeemq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pk2iX-fWagbzzdcvzCLEH71GQElSjLH35eM_CFv8z-o9mc-LkdIfJjbeKRGU95bF_ftL2g5iPZ5R2_fWA5J4fCQ/edged%20dilutes%202nd%20clutch.JPG?download>
        >

        > .Get Windows Live Mail to create your own photo e-mails <http://g.msn.com/5meen_us/175>

      • Scott Stringer
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4 3:00 PM
            Gerard,
          The parents of these birds are European imports and were sold to me as "pastels". Terry's book lists a dilute found in Australia and a dilute from Europe commonly called "pastel", is this "pastel' different from the Edged Dilute? I was looking at pictures of dilutes today and Thierry's site shows two birds similar to mine with one having much darker flights than the other, but they are both labeled as the same mutation.
             Thanks,
                 Scott
             Austin, Texas

          To: Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com
          From: gerard_budzaj@...
          Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:49:29 +0000
          Subject: [Genetics-Psittacine] Re: Rosella question

          - 1 photo -looks two opaline dilutes and opaline cinnamon dilute,
          2 photo- looks opaline dilute and opaline dilute dilute edged ( dilute and dilute edged are 2 separate mutations). Best regards

          -- In Genetics-Psittacine @yahoogroups. com, "Scott Stringer" <scottostringer@ ...> wrote:

          > Play slideshow<http://g.msn. com/5meen_ us/171?path= /photomail/{bf3dd42f-a438- 4fc7-950b- 9ae8badb2f37} &image=17CA8106F 152E96E!176& imagehi=17CA8106 F152E96E! 174&CID=17143244 74986424686> Save all photos Want to save all these photos at once? Learn how <http://help. live.com/ help.aspx? mkt=en-us& project=WL_ Mailv2&querytype =keyword& query=segami_ lla_evas>
          > Online pictures are available for 30 days
          >
          > Hi, I need help identifying a baby from the rosella experts on this list. In my first clutch two of the five babies were cinnamon opaline edged dilutes based on the brown coloration. In my second clutch you can see the baby on the left has much lighter flight feathers than the sibling but does not look cinnamon to me. Is this color difference natural in the edged dilutes or is it maybe gender based?
          > Thanks,
          > Scott Stringer
          > Austin, Texas<http://cyeemq. bay.livefilestor e.com/y1pbpGkkMX 6LOcLzzpHBKkh6vL H4Bk2i2ho0J4MowG TqYZqzyApmFMdsYV AUdNKu9QzGuX79y9 1OPCS6hSAJh1OuQ/ cinnamon% 20opaline% 20dilute. JPG?download>
          >
          > <http://cyeemq. bay.livefilestor e.com/y1pk2iX- fWagbzzdcvzCLEH7 1GQElSjLH35eM_ CFv8z-o9mc- LkdIfJjbeKRGU95b F_ftL2g5iPZ5R2_ fWA5J4fCQ/ edged%20dilutes% 202nd%20clutch. JPG?download>
          >

          > .Get Windows Live Mail to create your own photo e-mails <http://g.msn. com/5meen_ us/175>

        • Mick Blake [Exotic Parrots & Karmic Aviar
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4 3:27 PM
            Hi Scott,

            ABK have just releasing the new book on Rosellas and their mutation by Russell Pringle.

            This catalog has no sub-catalogs.
            A Guide to Rosellas and their Mutations—Revised Edition (Soft Cover)

            A Guide to Rosellas and their Mutations—Revised

            Hope this may help a few people.

            Mick

            From: gerard_budzaj@ yahoo.com
            Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:49:29 +0000

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4 4:07 PM
              Scott, Pastel is dilute , in Europe we use name pastel for dilute here, edged
              dilute is different mutation. Show the parents if its possible. To see flight
              feathers is important. Best regards.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4 8:07 PM
                  Oh good Mick, another expensive book that I have to have!
                        Scott

                To: Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com

                From: gerard_budzaj@ yahoo.com
                Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:49:29 +0000

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4 8:15 PM
                    Gerard,
                  I found a picture I took of the female last year (bird on the right), she is very nervous and usually hides if anybody looks at her. She would seem to have the edged dilute mutation also. The male I have her paired with looks just like the dark winged chicks.
                      thanks,
                     Scott

                  To: Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com
                  From: gerard_budzaj@...
                  Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:07:41 +0000

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4 8:21 PM
                  • 1 Attachment
                  • 76 KB
                    would help if I had attached the picture, sorry!

                  To: genetics-psittacine@yahoogroups.com

                  From: gerard_budzaj@ yahoo.com
                  Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:07:41 +0000