RE: [Genetics-Psittacine] Re: Odd markings - more feather pictures

  • Stella Luuk
    Message 1 of 55 , Jul 1, 2009

      I've noticed these spots on grey cockatiel hens going back to the early 80's and considered it a normal part of their markings, you never see it on adult males. We called it marbling. Some hens seem to have more or less of it. If you look at Red-tailed black cockatoo hens they have all sorts of spots also. Cockatiels are closely related to the Red-tailed black.

      Stella
      Ontario
      Canada

      > To: Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com
      > From: tielfan@...
      > Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 01:22:33 +0000
      > Subject: [Genetics-Psittacine] Re: Odd markings - more feather pictures
      >
      > --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "rose_2783" <rose_2783@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a Yellow Cheek that has these same spots on the chest, I will
      > > take a picture in a few days and post them.
      > > Rose
      >
      > Thanks! Anything you can tell us about the genetics of your spotted birds will add to the data base.
      >
      > Carolyn
      > and her cockatiels:
      > Vlad, Shodu, Mims, and Buster
      > Teela, Squeebis, and Snowy (children of Shodu and Buster)
      > + a changing cast of chicks

      Internet Explorer 8 makes surfing easier. Get it now!
    • Carolyn and her tiels