Re: Blue and Grey Plumheads

  • marco83210
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      Juju, first of all thanks a lot for your pictures of those birds!
      Second, can we have more informations about those birds?
      I guess that they had been captured in the wild?
      Any species will be imported in Europe?

      Thanks for your answer,
      And thanks again for your wonderful pictures of those birds!

      Regards,

      Marc-Joseph Aouad.
    • JIJU JOHN
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
        Hi Marc,

        About 4 or 5 years ago a blue was found in the wild and could not survive like others,so the same reached the breeder.

        The blue bird was then paired to the wild type then he had splits,later the splits were paired then he had more blues.

        Then the blues were paired to Grey Green,from which he got more blues and greyish blue birds which this gentleman calls Umber Blue. The umber is dominant over green. The umber blue when paired to a wildtype you get green/blue and umber/blue.

        Umber since it has color of the fabric umber.

        No birds can be exported to anywhere currently and most of all the numbers are inadequate to meet the demands of hobbyists here and cost very high.

        Regards,

        Jiju

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
          Hi Jiju,

          First of all, thanks again for the picture!If you have some others, please don't forget us..! ;-)
          Second, thanks again for your answer about how this mutation appears!

          Thirdly, the blue bird looks like to the same bird which existed ( maybe he/she is still alive?) in Europe.He/She had been called a blue mutation.So, we can guess that is a true blue mutation.

          Then, the last picture that you have sent to us, i think that we can see, some differences between two about them chest.

          Regards,

          Marc-Joseph.
        • nielsjemail
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
            hello Jiju,

            thanks for the pictures, the mutations where you are talking about is an umber (which is also vissible in wildtype birds) therefore it is not a parblue factor. in europe (except england) this mutation is called misty it is a mutation where the feathers on the chest are a little bit lighter and the feathers on the rest of body is darker. wich is also vissible in the blue birds on your pictures. as far as I know the blue birds in england are offspring of birds wich where exported from india (green split blue x umber (green) split blue.

            (http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/PsittaculaWorld.htm
            on this website you can find a picture of the blue mutation from england, and also a picture of an umber it is the second picture at the bottom of the page, when this site was build they didn't know wheter it was a modification or a mutation)

            are there any more mutations in india?

            I know that misty isn't a good name but there are more mutants in plums wich have a wrong name (like pastel and bright green)so please don't start a discusion about that

            regards Niels

            --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "marco83210" <marcolemaitre@...> wrote:

            > Hi Jiju,
            >
            > First of all, thanks again for the picture!If you have some others, please don't forget us..! ;-)
            > Second, thanks again for your answer about how this mutation appears!
            >
            > Thirdly, the blue bird looks like to the same bird which existed ( maybe he/she is still alive?) in Europe.He/She had been called a blue mutation.So, we can guess that is a true blue mutation.
            >
            > Then, the last picture that you have sent to us, i think that we can see, some differences between two about them chest.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Marc-Joseph.

          • JIJU JOHN
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
              Hi Marc,

              Yes they are true Blue. The next move this gentleman aspires is to create a real grey and Albino.

              Blue is the key bird as we all know for creating an albino and grey.

              Regards,

              Jiju

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 2, 2009
                Hi Jiju,

                First, again and again, thanks for the informations and for all!

                Second, i wish that this gentleman will got a real grey and albino!I hope that if in the next few years he got them you will say it to us.

                Niels, i have heard two years ago that some split blue, and blue from England had been sold in Germany.Maybe a real grey mutation exist in England, or somewhere else?!

                Jiju, i have an other question, the same that Niels: is there any other mutations which exist in India?

                Thanks again Jiju for the pictures, which are still so rare.

                Regards,

                Marc-Joseph.
              • nielsjemail
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2009
                  hello,

                  I also heard a rumour about split blue s wich were sold but there has never been a blue offspring. there are (as far as I know) only two blue birds in england(maybe there are blue youngs from this year?) a normal blue and a pastelblue (not turqoise?) I have seen pictures from those birds. so as far as I know there isn't a real grey or a real albino