Re: pastelblue lacewing x creamino masking grey

  • mallee_1
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hi Mick & Willy,

      I have added photos to my Album-Mallee_1, of the 3 young from the
      pastelblue lacewing x creamino masking grey for comment.

      All three young dont show any form of lacewing in flights or tail
      feathers, they appear to be all cock birds. Any help appreciated.

      I can email direct if it easier, not sure how to attach photos to
      this message thats why they are in the Album section.

      Regards Glenn

      --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "Mick Blake [Exotic
      Parrots & Karmic Aviaries]" <Exoticparrots@...> wrote:

      > Hi Glenn,
      >
      > I hope to find out soon as the chick start to feather up, I may
      miss out this season but I should breed one next season. Yes the DF
      will darken up this mutation combination up nicely.

      > Mick

      The
      > different
      > > shades of yellow in all the birds shows none are blue or grey
      > pallidino.
      > > What you are seeing is the difference between a turquoiseblue
      > pallidino and
      > > a turquoise pallidino or
      > >
      > > 'SF' and 'DF' in Oz speak. The grey factor did not present by
      > chance.
      > >
      > > Sorry to butt in Mick but I was intrigued.
      > >
      > > Willy
      > >

      > > _____

      PastelBlueGreygreen/cinn/ino

      Date:
      > > 15/09/2008 6:49 PM

      > 14/10/2008
      > > 9:25 PM
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > size=2 width="100%" align=center>

      > 14/10/2008
      > > 2:02 AM

      > 14/10/2008
      > > 9:25 PM

      15/10/2008 8:02 PM

    • marco83210
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 4, 2008
        Hello,

        I think, those birds, are all pallidino turquoise grey.
        Just like you said, they are cocks.

        pallid turquoise x turquoise-ino grey ( grey masked )
        Cock:
        -pallidino turquoise ( DF or SF turquoise )
        -pallidino blue
        -pallidino turquoise Grey ( DF or SF turquoise and SF grey )

        Female:
        -pallid blue
        -pallid turquoise ( DF or SF turquoise )
        -pallid turquoise grey ( DF or SF turquoise and SF grey )

        This is my view.

        Regards,

        Marc-Joseph Aouad from France.
      • Mick Blake [Exotic Parrots & Karmic Aviar
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 4, 2008
          Hi,

          Yes I also go along with that as well, and nice Pallidino Turquoise Grey as well , very nice

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 4, 2008
            Mick,
            Which one would you keep out of the three in the group photo, only
            want to keep one and let it colour up, more for looking at than
            breeding with.

            Regards Glenn

            --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "Mick Blake [Exotic
            Parrots & Karmic Aviaries]" <Exoticparrots@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Yes I also go along with that as well, and nice Pallidino Turquoise
            Grey as well , very nice

            > Mick
            > Mick& Karin Blake
            > Owners & Managers of
            > Karmic Aviaries,
            > Karmicmon Catering & Pizza Oven Hire
            > One Stack Pottery & Basilisk Gallery
            > Mt Morgan Queensland
            > Australia.
            > www.karmicaviaries.com

            3/11/2008 4:59 PM

          • Mick Blake [Exotic Parrots & Karmic Aviar
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 5, 2008
              Hi Glenn,

              I like no3 & the lemon head bird in photo 1&2, but if you have space I would keep all three for at least 12 months and see what they look like in new feather next season after the moult., I think you will see a lot of change in them in only 12 months. and man these as coming to be corkers when they are fully coloured.  I would love to mate one of these over DFviolet pallid turquoise,

              That part of the country are you and are you going to sell any???

              Male Genotype: LutinoLime,  Turquoise (Parblue)Blue,  (SF) Grey

              Female Genotype: Lime,  Violet,  Turquoise (Parblue)Blue

              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Normal (Non-Crossover) Results - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              3.125%  Male  -  Pallidino,  Turquoise (Parblue),  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Male  -  Lacewing,  Turquoise (Parblue),  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Male  -  Violet,  Pallidino
              3.125%  Male  -  Violet,  Lacewing
              6.25%  Male  -  Pastelblue,  Pallidino,  (SF) Violet
              6.25%  Male  -  Pastelblue,  Lacewing,  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Male  -  grey-green,  Pallidino,  Turquoise (Parblue),  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Male  -  grey-green,  Lacewing,  Turquoise (Parblue),  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Male  -  grey-green,  Violet,  Pallidino
              3.125%  Male  -  grey-green,  Violet,  Lacewing
              6.25%  Male  -  grey-green,  Pastelblue,  Pallidino,  (SF) Violet
              6.25%  Male  -  grey-green,  Pastelblue,  Lacewing,  (SF) Violet

              3.125%  Female  -  Lutino,  Turquoise (Parblue),  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Female  -  Lacewing,  Turquoise (Parblue),  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Female  -  Albino,  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Female  -  Violet,  Lacewing
              6.25%  Female  -  Creamino,  (SF) Violet
              6.25%  Female  -  Pastelblue,  Lacewing,  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Female  -  grey-green,  Lutino,  Turquoise (Parblue),  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Female  -  grey-green,  Lacewing,  Turquoise (Parblue),  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Female  -  grey-green,  Albino,  (SF) Violet
              3.125%  Female  -  grey-green,  Violet,  Lacewing
              6.25%  Female  -  grey-green,  Creamino,  (SF) Violet
              6.25%  Female  -  grey-green,  Pastelblue,  Lacewing,  (SF) Violet

            • William Stobart
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 5, 2008

                Hey Mick,

                Great stuff but why won’t you use the naming terms Terry has been trying for years to be used on this group? I presume some come off a genetics calculator but you use ‘lime’, ‘lacewing’ and pallid all in the same message and also ‘turquoise’ and ‘pastelblue’ for turquoiseblue.  And no thanks, scones make me fat!

                Willy

                ps: from Martin Rasek’s http://www.gencalc.com/gen/eng_genc.php?sp=0PsitIR

                (Terry, is it necessary for the “sf” if we only use “df” when applicable? Is turquoisegrey ok and turquoiseviolet ok, or do we use grey turquoiseblue and violet turquoiseblue? Are Martin’s names totally correct? Where are the errors from Mick’s calculation?)

                1.0  grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) pallidIno x 0.1 turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) pallid

                % from all 1.0 12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) pallidIno 12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue) pallidIno 12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) pallidIno 12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) pallidIno 12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) pallid 12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue) pallid 12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) pallid 12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) pallid

                % from all 0.1 12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) ino 12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue) ino 12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) ino 12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) ino 12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) pallid 12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue) pallid 12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) pallid 12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue) violet(sf) pallid

                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 5, 2008
                  Willy,

                  If you can tell me how re-programme my genetic calculator, I will be happy do keep you happy,

                  I would watch the fat joke some people don't like them.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 5, 2008

                    Hey Mick,

                    Why not just use Martin’s calculator? At least it is consistent and probably 95% right as far as naming. I am happy, I was just concerned about the people trying to get to grips with mutations and genetics but are faced with multiple names for the same mutation, all in the same message.

                    I am sorry you took your own joke personally, I meant no offense.

[...]

                    size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1>

                    Which one would you keep out of the three in the group photo, only
                    want to keep one and let it colour up, more for looking at than
                    breeding with.

                    Regards Glenn

                    --- In Genetics-Psittacine @yahoogroups. com, "Mick Blake [Exotic
                    Parrots & Karmic Aviaries]" <Exoticparrots@ ...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > Yes I also go along with that as well, and nice Pallidino Turquoise
                    Grey as well , very nice

                    > Mick
                    > Mick& Karin Blake
                    > Owners & Managers of
                    > Karmic Aviaries,
                    > Karmicmon Catering & Pizza Oven Hire
                    > One Stack Pottery & Basilisk Gallery
                    > Mt Morgan Queensland
                    > Australia .
                    > www.karmicaviaries. com

                    (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

                  • mallee_1
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 5, 2008
                      Hi Mick,

                      Thanks for reply and I am hapy with them, the bird named 3rd young is
                      a big bird, nearly as big as mum and she is not a small hen.

                      The lemon headed you refer to in photo marked 1&2 young, I assume is
                      the one on the left with more pallid colouring in head and through
                      wings, is this grey? the other one on the right which is the lightest
                      coloured one definately looks grey.

                      I have one presold just got to decide which one to let go, probably
                      the lightest coloured one at this stage.

                      Did you know if you have breed a df violetblue pallid yet, I think
                      you where still awaiting for it to feather.

                      Thanks again for response and others who commented as well.

                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      > 3.125% Male - Pallidino, Turquoise (Parblue), (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Male - Lacewing, Turquoise (Parblue), (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Male - Violet, Pallidino
                      > 3.125% Male - Violet, Lacewing
                      > 6.25% Male - Pastelblue, Pallidino, (SF) Violet
                      > 6.25% Male - Pastelblue, Lacewing, (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Male - grey-green, Pallidino, Turquoise (Parblue),
                      (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Male - grey-green, Lacewing, Turquoise (Parblue), (SF)
                      Violet
                      > 3.125% Male - grey-green, Violet, Pallidino
                      > 3.125% Male - grey-green, Violet, Lacewing
                      > 6.25% Male - grey-green, Pastelblue, Pallidino, (SF) Violet
                      > 6.25% Male - grey-green, Pastelblue, Lacewing, (SF) Violet
                      >
                      > 3.125% Female - Lutino, Turquoise (Parblue), (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Female - Lacewing, Turquoise (Parblue), (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Female - Albino, (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Female - Violet, Lacewing
                      > 6.25% Female - Creamino, (SF) Violet
                      > 6.25% Female - Pastelblue, Lacewing, (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Female - grey-green, Lutino, Turquoise (Parblue), (SF)
                      Violet
                      > 3.125% Female - grey-green, Lacewing, Turquoise (Parblue),
                      (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Female - grey-green, Albino, (SF) Violet
                      > 3.125% Female - grey-green, Violet, Lacewing
                      > 6.25% Female - grey-green, Creamino, (SF) Violet
                      > 6.25% Female - grey-green, Pastelblue, Lacewing, (SF) Violet
                      >

                      > Mick
                      > Mick& Karin Blake
                      > Owners & Managers of
                      > Karmic Aviaries,